How Much Parents Helps Their Children in Studies?........

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

How Much Parents Helps Their Children in Studies?........

Postby akrtutor » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:00 pm

I don't think mostly parents helps their child in studies, most of the parents prefer tuition either online tutor or face to face.What's your view do you help your children in study.

<< Mod's Note >>

Ad Removed

akrtutor
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: How Much Parents Helps Their Children in Studies?.......

Postby Lynn2010 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:12 pm

I think some parents will help if they can. Some wanted to help but have lost touch with the syllabus, requirements, technique, etc. 心有余而力不足 (hope i use this phrase correctly). Therefore they have no choice but to hire a tutor.

Some parents have to work till very late and by the time they reach home, they may be too tired. They get frustrated easily and lost their patience. Hence, in order to maintain a good relationship with their kids, they hire someone to teach.

Eg. I wanted to help with my DD in her Chinese, but the only thing i can do is to give her Chinese spelling and dictation, worse, she will end up teaching me how to read the words. Teaching is different from knowing. One knows how to solve a math problem does not mean that the person can teach :). Just my 5 cents share :)

Lynn2010
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: How Much Parents Helps Their Children in Studies?.......

Postby kwcllf » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:16 pm

akrtutor wrote:I don't think mostly parents helps their child in studies, most of the parents prefer tuition either online tutor or face to face.What's your view do you help your children in study.

As parents, we help as much as we can. My kids also have tuition once a week for math/science to supplement what they learn in school, which are grossly insufficient for them to do well.

As my kids are still in primary school, we can still cope with their syllabus but it will be difficult when they go to secondary school,

kwcllf
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support