MOE Test for P1

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

MOE Test for P1

Postby morach » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:16 pm

Hi,

My dd is in P1. She told me that she sat for a test from MOE yesterday. According to her, they were given 1/2 hour to complete the test and some of the questions are very difficult. One of the questions require her to identify the piece of the missing puzzle. When she told me that I immediately associate it with the game on FB - Who has the biggest brain?

Does anyone know what this test is all about? Is MOE trying to identfy which kid has the biggest brain? :?

morach
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: MOE Test for P1

Postby jedamum » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:18 pm

My P1 boy said that they sat for a half hour 60Q test last week given by 'visitors' to the school. The paper involves puzzles.
It's good that they have these type of tests without informing the parents...so that kiasu parents like me will not be stress. :wink:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schellen » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:14 am

jedamum wrote:My P1 boy said that they sat for a half hour 60Q test last week given by 'visitors' to the school. The paper involves puzzles.
It's good that they have these type of tests without informing the parents...so that kiasu parents like me will not be stress. :wink:

I think my DD wasn't stressed cos she didn't even mention that she took the test! :roll:

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:40 am

schellen wrote:I think my DD wasn't stressed cos she didn't even mention that she took the test! :roll:

no la...he is not stressed at all. he is only very excited cos he said (to his knowledge) only a handful (him and your dd included) managed to complete all 60Q. Those that he didn't know the answer, he tikam tikam instead of leaving it blank and moved on to the next. I'm already happy cos that means he remembered what I said (which used to be his weakness)- 1) to at least put an answer instead of leaving it blank; 2) to not waste too much time on any tough question and just move on; how he fared is then immaterial. 8)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schellen » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:04 pm

OIC. I think DD must have been able to attempt the qns cos she is the kind who will stay at the qn until she gets it. Unless my "advice" to skip or just tikam that qn hasn't fallen on deaf ears.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:49 pm

wonder what MOE is trying to do? :?

tankee
Site Admin

Postby barney » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:54 pm

Come to think of it, I remembered my gal telling me about some test few weeks back, guess this must be the one and she said she cannot complete all the questions. I didn't really pay attention (as usual, my bo chap attitude :oops: ) but told her we'll look at the questions together when she gets back the paper and go through them together.

Looks like she'll never get the paper back? Any idea what's the purpose of the test?

barney
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby sleepy » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:28 pm

No leh, didn't hear anything from my dd regarding this mysterious test...

She only told me about her class tests, many many class tests :roll:

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby EN » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:15 pm

Excuse moi for jumping in the P1 thread.

I heard ds was telling me last week that he was asked to sit for a math test too. In his class, not all was asked to sit for the test.

He can't exactly remember how many questions exactly but he told me around 10 - 11 (non-MCQ).

I was thinking it was a UNSW paper but upon checking the UNSW site, it will only be held tomorrow.

So, quite puzzled what paper was for.

EN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Andaiz » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:04 am

EN wrote:I was thinking it was a UNSW paper but upon checking the UNSW site, it will only be held tomorrow.

:? thought the UNSW paper is for P2?

Andaiz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support