Grad & Non Grad Tr

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Grad & Non Grad Tr

Postby NdHelpParent » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:26 pm

Hello ppl...any opinions regarding the difference btw grad & non grad trs? I personally don't mind really if the tr is a non-grad so long as he or she speaks std El and is nurturing. My daugter's P4 tr is a non grad and she was superb ...caring nurturing as compared to her other level trs who are grad.But of coz ...i cant generalise them ...graduate tr i mean. Any different input ?

NdHelpParent
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby csc » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:44 pm

I believe more in experience rather than qualifications. The older teachers , some of whom, may only have 'O' levels but their standard of spoken English and Grammar are better than the young, fresh graduates. The younger ones may be more creative in their teaching but somehow, I cringe when I listen to them speak.

Usually, schools will put the non-graduates to teach lower primary and the graduates will teach the upper primary.

Personally, I prefer teachers who are mature and experienced with good classroom management and do not show favourtism of any sort - these are attributes more important than their qualifications.

Every year-end , i will pray for teachers who are God-sent for my kids :pray: and so far, they are blessed with really good ones, most of the time.

csc
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:47 pm

AGREE 100%. :celebrate:

*Esp the cringing part...* :wink:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

GRad & Non Grad Trs

Postby NdHelpParent » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:27 pm

100% agree too.. :D Now i heard trs are encouraged to go for master degree and i know of some taking part time ....wow imagine got to teach and study..no mean feat. Just hope tht they hv time for our young in school...with whatever energy left.

NdHelpParent
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support