Where to Buy Study Table Where can Put PC??

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Where to Buy Study Table Where can Put PC??

Postby titank » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:01 pm

Hi All,

Where can buy study table where can have the option to put a PC later if the child need it? Intend to source around so that the kid can have a more condusive place to study & do his work at home.

If you come across any good lobang don't mind share it yeah!
:lol:

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby wiimum » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:29 pm

Just a word of caution, if the study table is to be in the bedroom, I suggest not to place the PC in there. We have always had the PC out in the open instead of the bedroom and I feel this way I have better control over the use and this will ensure responsible use of the computer as the child grows up. But I guess once they are pass teenage perhaps would not be an issue. But younger children? I won't put the trust in them yet.

We got our study table from the HDB neighbourhood furniture shops , comes with table , chest of drawer and book shelf above as a single unit. About 250.

wiimum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby sleepy » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:56 pm

try Vhive

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby titank » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:28 pm

Vhie? Wow quite high end!Being thinking should I get a desktop or laptop for my child. The problem is that desktop would take up much space.
Maybe I should look in getting a study table 1st.

PC desktop or laptop would be at a later stage of time.

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby foreverj » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:10 pm

hi titank, can i borrow your thread? i m thinking of getting those knee high table which has foldable legs. i've seen such portable tables being used during a trial class with berries. anyone happened to know where i can get them and roughly how much it cost? thanks!

foreverj
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby titank » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:21 pm

foreverj wrote:hi titank, can i borrow your thread? i m thinking of getting those knee high table which has foldable legs. i've seen such portable tables being used during a trial class with berries. anyone happened to know where i can get them and roughly how much it cost? thanks!

foreverj,

Ha.ha no problem. Oh something new. Can share how is the Berries trial class? Yr kid is at what age? I'm also trying to find some chinese enrichment for my younger kid.

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cmm » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:32 pm

foreverj wrote:hi titank, can i borrow your thread? i m thinking of getting those knee high table which has foldable legs. i've seen such portable tables being used during a trial class with berries. anyone happened to know where i can get them and roughly how much it cost? thanks!

This sounds like those lacquered korean dining tables 상 “sang”.

I've seen them on sale before at the korean supermarket on Tras St. Perhaps they may have it at Square 2 (novena) also, there's a korean speciality shop on the 2nd (or was it 3rd?) floor...

Last edited by cmm on Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cmm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby foreverj » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:54 pm

cmm wrote:

This sounds like those rosewood korean dining tables. I've seen them on sale before at the korean supermarket on Tras St. Perhaps they may have it at Square 2 (novena) also, there's a korean speciality shop on the 2nd (or was it 3rd?) floor...

thanks cmm. wil check out the one at square 2 first since more convenient. didnt know tras st has a korean supermkt?? eh, but rosewood sounds really expensive leh...my dad bought a set of rosewood oriental type of furniture many many years ago and everything cost $10K plus!! :!: the ones i saw at berries didn't look so "quality" hehe...

foreverj
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby cmm » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:04 am

foreverj wrote:
cmm wrote:

This sounds like those rosewood korean dining tables. I've seen them on sale before at the korean supermarket on Tras St. Perhaps they may have it at Square 2 (novena) also, there's a korean speciality shop on the 2nd (or was it 3rd?) floor...

thanks cmm. wil check out the one at square 2 first since more convenient. didnt know tras st has a korean supermkt?? eh, but rosewood sounds really expensive leh...my dad bought a set of rosewood oriental type of furniture many many years ago and everything cost $10K plus!! :!: the ones i saw at berries didn't look so "quality" hehe...

The korean supermarket is on the ground floor of Lian Huat Bldg, just behind Amara Hotel.

cmm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby foreverj » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:11 am

titank wrote:
foreverj,

Ha.ha no problem. Oh something new. Can share how is the Berries trial class? Yr kid is at what age? I'm also trying to find some chinese enrichment for my younger kid.

hi titank, went for the n1 class meaning born in 06. its a 1hr 45min class n it went alright. my dd was the most enthusiastic one who responds to the teacher's instructions to pronounce the words they were teaching for that lesson. didn't sign up in the end after the trial cos i find its too focused on pure pronunciation and identifying the words they were teaching for the day. as my dd is already in fullday cc and recognises simple chinese characters already, i tot what berries is doing is not much different from what her chinese teachers r already doing in school. plus the fees dun come cheap. hard to sustain in the long term. maybe they may justify its becos the class lasts 1hr 45min, but it gets a little draggy towards the end. the trial is abt $16 (cheaper than the usual $30) i think, so may be a good idea for u to try it out.

anyway, i'm commenting on purely the n1 class. maybe the upper levels wil be more different. in the meantime, i m focusing on buying quality chinese books and reading to my dd, and trying to speak more mandarin to her myself. end of day, learning a language is about exposure and generating the interest/sparking the love for the language. :love:

foreverj
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support