Errors inText/assessment books

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Errors inText/assessment books

Postby tianzhu » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:04 pm

Hi

Do you have the habit of writing to publishers if you find errors in contents or answers for worksheets? What is your experience after you have written to him? Do you think they should update their corrections periodically in their websites instead of waiting for the next reprint?

Please share your views?

tianzhu
Councillor
Councillor

Re: Errors inText/assessment books

Postby James Ang » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:20 pm

tianzhu wrote:Hi

Do you have the habit of writing to publishers if you find errors in contents or answers for worksheets? What is your experience after you have written to him? Do you think they should update their corrections periodically in their websites instead of waiting for the next reprint?

Please share your views?

My students found a number of mistakes in the answers of ten year series, in fact two publishers have different answers for the same questions and some questions which are repeated ones (quite common for MCQ) have different answers from the same publisher! Anyway I go through all the wrong answers with the students to help them learn the right concepts.

James Ang
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mumwgals » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:13 pm

I used to do that, called the publisher and told them about the mistake. They just apologized and nothing was done. There was once I called a local science magazine publisher, I asked if they proof read before they published, their answer was, 'yes, the passage was proof read twice.' I said, 'then you should change your proof reader, she/he must be sleeping.' :tongue:

Now a days, if I have doubts, just ask question in the forum, many kind parents are willing to help. I do not bother to call them any more.

mumwgals
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support