Psychology Report

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Psychology Report

Postby mtfat » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:48 am

Can anyone help how to go about getting a psychology report Chinese wavier as well as Doctor. My son has ASD need a psychology report to apply. He is P6 this yr and running short of time.

mtfat
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Psychology Report

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:41 am

If he has been diagnosed as ASD, shouldn't you already have a report for him? You can check if that can be used. I don't know what the waiting lists might be if you go to KKH, but you can go to a private educational psychologist. Other parents here can probably recommend one.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mtfat » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:50 am

He was diagnose since 2 yrs old then the moe only recognize report for valid 2 yrs. that's means HV to do it in P5. The sch and moe ding dong ding dong. Now come back need report. He is doing his follow up with KJ CDU but due his age they don't do. Very stressful.

mtfat
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:36 am

mtfat wrote:He was diagnose since 2 yrs old then the moe only recognize report for valid 2 yrs. that's means HV to do it in P5. The sch and moe ding dong ding dong. Now come back need report. He is doing his follow up with KJ CDU but due his age they don't do. Very stressful.

I think one mother recently posted that a report diagnosing autism never expires. You may want to check with MOE about this. If they won't accept, getting a private psychologist to test and produce a report should be fairly quick (matter of weeks).

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mtfat » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:50 am

Check already, they said the report need to be 2 yrs from the date of assessment. So my son report cannot. Now need to get a report. According to KK CDU, my son is high performing ASD but at times there are cases by default they need to do Chinese due to the way the test is conduct. That will b nightmare for us. He don't do Chinese Compre and Cloze that's where the marks are. He can get 0 or less than 10 marks for it.

mtfat
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:24 pm

The get a recommendation for an ed. psych. and get another report done. No point worrying about the result until the tests are done. You can probably arrange an initial consulation first. His school will also have to support the request to be exempted, so you might want to talk to his teacher as well.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mtfat » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:27 pm

Thanks!

mtfat
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby sushigal » Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:16 pm

I do have a special child like yours. I could understand what you are going thru.

Get the school counsellor to write you a letter to IMH and make an appointment with the psychologist and OT to assist you with the letter direct to MOE.

My girl is in P3 now, I'm already doing all these for her. I also want her out of Chinese Exam.

Hope it helps.

sushigal
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support