Please help ! Maths & Science P6 - Maths & Science H

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Please help ! Maths & Science P6 - Maths & Science H

Postby yellow-dk » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:02 am

Hi does anyone know if Maths Hub is good for P6 PSLE tuition? Any recommendation for last minute buck up on Science?
I dun mind 1 to 1 also since no time liao :cry: :?:

Thk u so much

yellow-dk
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby westmom » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:07 pm

There was a recommendation about MathsHub @ Bkt Batok somewhere in the forum for its P6 intensive holiday program. I nearly wanted to sign up in June but backed out because it was stretched over 2 weeks and I wanted a program that was only 1 week. On Science, as you are staying in the west, maybe you can call up Newtonapple in Jurong East or Perceptum in Bukit Timah. (Both have websites). They are run by ex-HODs. If you do not mind going to town, Norman Tien is quite reputable for its maths program (also got website). As for one to one tuition, I would think all the "good" tutors are already fully booked at this stage! Hope this helps..

westmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Joy » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi westmom

The centres that you mentioned are indeed good.Did you send your kids there?

I have just pm you.

Rgds
Joy

westmom wrote:There was a recommendation about MathsHub @ Bkt Batok somewhere in the forum for its P6 intensive holiday program. I nearly wanted to sign up in June but backed out because it was stretched over 2 weeks and I wanted a program that was only 1 week. On Science, as you are staying in the west, maybe you can call up Newtonapple in Jurong East or Perceptum in Bukit Timah. (Both have websites). They are run by ex-HODs. If you do not mind going to town, Norman Tien is quite reputable for its maths program (also got website). As for one to one tuition, I would think all the "good" tutors are already fully booked at this stage! Hope this helps..

Joy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby yellow-dk » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:30 pm

westmom wrote:There was a recommendation about MathsHub @ Bkt Batok somewhere in the forum for its P6 intensive holiday program. I nearly wanted to sign up in June but backed out because it was stretched over 2 weeks and I wanted a program that was only 1 week. On Science, as you are staying in the west, maybe you can call up Newtonapple in Jurong East or Perceptum in Bukit Timah. (Both have websites). They are run by ex-HODs. If you do not mind going to town, Norman Tien is quite reputable for its maths program (also got website). As for one to one tuition, I would think all the "good" tutors are already fully booked at this stage! Hope this helps..

Thank u so much :) :D

yellow-dk
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kiasiparent » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:48 pm

Heard that MathsHub has super high % of students scoring A* for maths PSLE. (Like >90%). But then again, most of their students have attended maths olympiad training before so getting A* is not really too difficult for the students. :lol:

As for Science, i recommend newtonapple. They look pretty decent. :wink:

kiasiparent
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby fxchow » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:59 am

As for Science, i recommend newtonapple. They look pretty decent. :wink:[/quote]

Hi,

So any of u send your kids to newtonapple?

Dont know still got vacancy or not, will call them later.

fxchow
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mumto2 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:15 pm

My P5 girl has just started attending Newtonapple English and Science classes (started in Term 2 of P5). She was formely with The Learning Lab for English and The Learning Project for Science.

Personally, both my gal and I felt that Newtonapple prepare the kids well in the subjects. In my gal's words :"Learning Lab is fun, fun, fun all the way". After attending TLL & The Learning Project for 3 and 2 yrs respectively, I did not see much improvement and decided to make the switch.

mumto2
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Joy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:57 pm

Besides Newton apples, anyone can recommend a centre that is in the east...west is very far for me...

rgds

Joy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby fudgemum » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:07 am

mumto2 wrote:My P5 girl has just started attending Newtonapple English and Science classes (started in Term 2 of P5). She was formely with The Learning Lab for English and The Learning Project for Science.

Personally, both my gal and I felt that Newtonapple prepare the kids well in the subjects. In my gal's words :"Learning Lab is fun, fun, fun all the way". After attending TLL & The Learning Project for 3 and 2 yrs respectively, I did not see much improvement and decided to make the switch.

Hi mumto2,

How is the English class in Newton apple when compared to TLL ?. I am planning to send my child to TLL but it is very far. So I would like to know more about Newton Apple especially for English ?. TIA

fudgemum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby James Ang » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:40 am

Joy wrote:Besides Newton apples, anyone can recommend a centre that is in the east...west is very far for me...

rgds

www.learningspree.com.sg

James Ang
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support