Any one knows www.edupop.com.sg

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Any one knows www.edupop.com.sg

Postby jupe » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:59 pm

Hello, I receive a mailer from Popular, they have recently launch a online assessment portal with system to let you know your child weakness.

Has anyone tried before? think they have some national day promo.
www.edupop.com.sg

I am still thinking if i should just buy normal assessment books.

jupe
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mayclm74 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:34 am

Yes i did subscribe for my boy earlier this year. I realise he's more keen to practise online compare to doing physical assessment books... the system does have automarking feature, so we can view the score and answers immediately after each worksheet submission...

mayclm74
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby schellen » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:43 am

It looks interesting. I think my DD would be interested since her sch uses lead.com. Will ask her and DH tonight.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jupe » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:07 pm

Don't buy first, there is a free diagnostic test aval.

Here is the link: http://www.edupop.com.sg/promo/emailer2/step1.php.

This link came with Pop club emailer, I notice the pricing is cheaper than on the main site. javascript:emoticon('8)')

jupe
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

what is Edupop?

Postby victorlsl » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:41 pm

Hi I just join this forum. what is this Edupop about?

I am sceptical of online assessment or e-learning. can it really be more beneficial to the child? Would kids be using the computer too often in that case?

anyone care to comment?

victorlsl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: what is Edupop?

Postby mayclm74 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:56 pm

victorlsl wrote:Hi I just join this forum. what is this Edupop about?

I am sceptical of online assessment or e-learning. can it really be more beneficial to the child? Would kids be using the computer too often in that case?

anyone care to comment?

Our children are the digital natives. Guess they will be surfing web, playing games, facebooking etc. if we have not engage them in these online learning programmes... i will limit the amount of time they can go online each time and i'm quite happy so far with his learning progress :D

mayclm74
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Merlion » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:04 pm

> Would kids be using the computer too often in that case?

Yes, definitely. This is one big draw back of online learning. Also, it is not too good for the kid's eye sight. I am never a big fan of online learning because whatever you can do online, you can do it on book. Online learning can attract young kid becasue of the colorful graphics but in real life, school test is still not conducted online. Another reason for kids to "pretend' that they like online learning is because they might get a chance to play online game after they have completed the online learning, sometimes even while they are doing the online assessment. Play game and do online assessment at the same time - happy hour loh!

Merlion
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mayclm74 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:44 pm

Merlion wrote:> Would kids be using the computer too often in that case?

Yes, definitely. This is one big draw back of online learning. Also, it is not too good for the kid's eye sight. I am never a big fan of online learning because whatever you can do online, you can do it on book. Online learning can attract young kid becasue of the colorful graphics but in real life, school test is still not conducted online. Another reason for kids to "pretend' that they like online learning is because they might get a chance to play online game after they have completed the online learning, sometimes even while they are doing the online assessment. Play game and do online assessment at the same time - happy hour loh!

Hi Merlion,

I agree to some of your points like eyesight concern, sch test not conducted online etc. but our children are simply more interested in online/animated content compared to static book content. As parents, we all want our children to learn in an effective way...

mayclm74
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby jupe » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:24 am

Someone PM me to say the link is not working.
I think I added a fullstop to the URL.

Here is the link: http://www.edupop.com.sg/promo/emailer2/step1.php

jupe
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby schellen » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:37 am

jupe wrote:Someone PM me to say the link is not working.
I think I added a fullstop to the URL.

Here is the link: http://www.edupop.com.sg/promo/emailer2/step1.php

Thanks! It works now. :)

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support