CCA achivement in Report Card/Book

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

CCA achivement in Report Card/Book

Postby astronomer » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:21 am

If a child takes part in an activity that is not one of the school's offered CCA - can we request the teacher to put the achievement in the student's report card/book?

My dd took part in an inter-primary school competition for which the activity was not one of her school's CCA. I registered her name for this competition through the school but I don't think they will keep track of this so the school basically does not know how she did in the competition. She did quite well so I was hoping it can be recorded in her report card/book.

Anyone had similar experience doing this?

astronomer
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: CCA achivement in Report Card/Book

Postby john.316 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:37 am

astronomer wrote:If a child takes part in an activity that is not one of the school's offered CCA - can we request the teacher to put the achievement in the student's report card/book?

My dd took part in an inter-primary school competition for which the activity was not one of her school's CCA. I registered her name for this competition through the school but I don't think they will keep track of this so the school basically does not know how she did in the competition. She did quite well so I was hoping it can be recorded in her report card/book.

Anyone had similar experience doing this?

Yes. My friend did that.
You could request the competition organizer to write a letter to you about your daugher achievement and forward it to the school. The school will update into the student portfolio.

Thk u!

john.316
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby schellen » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:38 am

You can ask the sch if they can include it in her report book. If they say no, do you have any documentation (like a certificate) to prove her achievement? If yes, you can keep it together with your DD's sch records and if the need arises in the future, take it out and submit it with her other records.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mummyjoyce » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:04 pm

It is very impt to keep any certificates/awards/docs that your child have. i took pictures of the trophies and scan all certificates. It is useful during DSA next time.

mummyjoyce
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby astronomer » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:39 am

Many thanks to all for the feedback.
I will be contacting her teacher soon to request for it and more confident now in what to expect.

Ok, I also found out to that even if it is not included in her report card/book, I can use documentary proof (certs/awards/letters) instead.

mummyjoyce gave an idea I never even thought of - taking pictures of trophies won. I often wondered how we were going to proof that :D

astronomer
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mathsparks » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:40 pm

My son's school will issue a form for parents to fill in any achievements they want to include in the report book. ..swimming achievements, mental maths grading, chess competition etc ..can all be included. Just be sure to submit before closing date. I thought all schools have the same system. :?

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby astronomer » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:51 pm

mathsparks wrote:My son's school will issue a form for parents to fill in any achievements they want to include in the report book. ..swimming achievements, mental maths grading, chess competition etc ..can all be included. Just be sure to submit before closing date. I thought all schools have the same system.

Eh...my dd did not pass me any such form last year. Ok, maybe because they didn't have compulsary CCA yet in P3. Well I will take note of this. Thanks.

astronomer
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support