Chinese Idioms Material

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Chinese Idioms Material

Postby Ca3kids » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:38 pm

Hi

Sorry need to re-post as the Subject cannot be seen in Chinese

Anyone bought or use before "成语识字 Cool" material and CD from Yu quan language school (艺全语文学校)?

Is it worth and is it effective?
Is it suitable for kids up to Primary 6 level?

Ca3kids
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby schellen » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:35 am

Do you have a photo of the material? Cos I recently bought a hardcover 成语 book for my DD and it comes with a VCD. However, I can't remember the title or publisher.

P.S. Ca3kids, I helped you to delete the other topic with Chinese subject heading.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Ca3kids » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:45 am

schellen wrote:Do you have a photo of the material? Cos I recently bought a hardcover 成语 book for my DD and it comes with a VCD. However, I can't remember the title or publisher.

P.S. Ca3kids, I helped you to delete the other topic with Chinese subject heading.

Pls see the link http://www.yuquan.com.sg/products.php

Ca3kids
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby schellen » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:50 pm

Wah! So Cheem! Sorry, that's not what I got. Mine is only one book and has short write-ups on how the 成语 came about, supplemented by the VCD.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Ca3kids » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:56 pm

schellen wrote:Wah! So Cheem! Sorry, that's not what I got. Mine is only one book and has short write-ups on how the 成语 came about, supplemented by the VCD.

I called up, price not cheap too. So I dont know if any one tried and find useful.

Ca3kids
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Fairy » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:27 pm

Ca3kids wrote:
schellen wrote:Wah! So Cheem! Sorry, that's not what I got. Mine is only one book and has short write-ups on how the 成语 came about, supplemented by the VCD.

I called up, price not cheap too. So I dont know if any one tried and find useful.

A colleague of mine bought it some time ago. It's a set with 2 CDs and I think, 8 books costing $200. She only bought the CDs and paid $40 for them. According to her, the quality of the recording was not good. The background music was too loud, it covers the 成语 recital. She regreted buying them.

Fairy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Ca3kids » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:32 pm

Fairy wrote:
Ca3kids wrote:

A colleague of mine bought it some time ago. It's a set with 2 CDs and I think, 8 books costing $200. She only bought the CDs and paid $40 for them. According to her, the quality of the recording was not good. The background music was too loud, it covers the 成语 recital. She regreted buying them.

The staff told me $120 before GST for books and disc if I didnt hear wrongly. OIC. OK Thanks

Ca3kids
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support