P6 Prelims results

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

P6 Prelims results

Postby James Ang » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:50 am

how did your kids do? One of our average student scored 82/100 for Hokkien Huaykuan combined prelims Maths paper, is the paper too easy? Gongshang's Maths paper seems tough (some haven't got back the marks) but science paper is easy, many of our students got above 80 for science. Red Swastika Maths seems easy, many of our students got above 80 for Maths, (haven't check their science). My St Hilda's student hasn't got back his results yet, tomorrow will check with all the rest of students (cos some schools' results are held back because of Teachers' Day holiday) and update. :D

James Ang
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sally72 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:21 am

My son is from Gongshang too. Do you conduct exams revision class for P5? :D

sally72
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby James Ang » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:37 pm

sally72 wrote:My son is from Gongshang too. Do you conduct exams revision class for P5? :D

We have P5 students from Gongshang. We also have several bright P6 students from 6/10, 6/9, 6/7 class this year. Last year, the headprefect and her classmates from 6/10 were our students too. :D

James Ang
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: P6 Prelims results

Postby James Ang » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:46 pm

James Ang wrote:how did your kids do? One of our average student scored 82/100 for Hokkien Huaykuan combined prelims Maths paper, is the paper too easy? Gongshang's Maths paper seems tough (some haven't got back the marks) but science paper is easy, many of our students got above 80 for science. Red Swastika Maths seems easy, many of our students got above 80 for Maths, (haven't check their science). My St Hilda's student hasn't got back his results yet, tomorrow will check with all the rest of students (cos some schools' results are held back because of Teachers' Day holiday) and update. :D

Ryan gets 88 and Yvette gets 86 for Maths. Dixon gets 82, Andrew gets 81, Kai Tong gets 90, Chak Sing gets 80 and Celeste gets 80 for Science. Yu-en gets 88 for Maths, Rachael gets 84 for Maths, still waiting to find out Edward's score. :D
Last edited by James Ang on Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

James Ang
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby karmeleon » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:30 pm

James Ang wrote:Ryan from RSS gets 88 and Yvette gets 86 for Maths. Dixon, Andrew, Kai Tong, Chak Sing and Celeste get A for Science in GSPS. Yu-en from CVPS gets 88 for Maths, Rachael from PLMGSPS gets 84 for Maths, still waiting to find out Edward's score. :D

No one got A*?

My son's class, many did very well for Math & Science and HOD say the prelims is very difficult this round.

karmeleon
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Merlion » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:44 pm

James, you are taking all these scores thing too seriously. Is it a must to post your students's scores on internet? Learning is not all about this right? To be honest, we are NOT that interested in your students' scores. It is ok to use this forum to attract students but please don't over do it. I am sorry if you think that I am too straight to the point.

Merlion
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby James Ang » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:30 pm

Merlion wrote:James, you are taking all these scores thing too seriously. Is it a must to post your students's scores on internet? Learning is not all about this right? To be honest, we are NOT that interested in your students' scores. It is ok to use this forum to attract students but please don't over do it. I am sorry if you think that I am too straight to the point.

I don't think you are too straightforward, it is great that you give your honest views. Learning is not about scores, but in an exam system scores are all important, and exams make people kiasu and so on etc. Students have aspirations to get into RI/RGS, NYGH/HCI, ACS, DHS etc.

Actually I am interested in how others score so that we can set benchmarks for the benefit of all other kiasu parents here, with respect to how to score A stars in the coming PSLE. Prelims is the main reference and the current best indicator for performance in PSLE. After PSLE is completed, all students shall take a well deserved long break, but they can continue Learning in various ways. :D

James Ang
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby James Ang » Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:33 pm

karmeleon wrote:No one got A*?

My son's class, many did very well for Math & Science and HOD say the prelims is very difficult this round.

Am sure the good students will peak and get A* in the PSLE. :D

James Ang
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Merlion » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:21 pm

I just see no reason for you to post your students' NAMES, SCHOOLS and SCORES on internet.

Merlion
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby kitty2 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:48 pm

James Ang wrote:I don't think you are too straightforward, it is great that you give your honest views. Learning is not about scores, but in an exam system scores are all important, and exams make people kiasu and so on etc. Students have aspirations to get into RI/RGS, NYGH/HCI, ACS, DHS etc.

Actually I am interested in how others score so that we can set benchmarks for the benefit of all other kiasu parents here, with respect to how to score A stars in the coming PSLE. Prelims is the main reference and the current best indicator for performance in PSLE. After PSLE is completed, all students shall take a well deserved long break, but they can continue Learning in various ways. :D

Well,exams score are important but not everything in one's life.So what if one can't go to those top school you'd mentioned,it'll not be end of the world for the kids.How many kids can squeeze into those schools?If you can guarantee through your tuition ,one can surely get into those school,than all of us here will "cheong" to you :lol:

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support