How u preparing for SA2?

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

How u preparing for SA2?

Postby Lynn2 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:12 am

Hello everyone

As this is the one week precious holidays, just wonder how mummies and daddies here preparing your p5 children for the final exams,esp in math and sci.

Do you do exam papers or focus on the weaker subject to guide?Do your child need to go back to school?

Thanks...Happy Holidays...

rgds

Lynn2
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby acforfamily » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:06 pm

I will let the kid do some papers, find out the weak areas and focus on them.

acforfamily
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mrswongtuition » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:28 pm

The parents of my students are busy working parents who do not have time to personally coach their children, so their kids are sent to my place on daily basis during this 1 week holidays.

My revision plan for them (they are P5 & P6):
- Revise all science topics (for all levels that they need to know) from guide book, notes given by me & notes from school [Revise means they draw up their own mindmaps/notes & fill in all the information from different sources to make it complete, I usually provide skeleton for mindmapping]
- Maths equations/formula revision (basic concepts)
- Revise basic grammar (from book/notes) & read through list of good phrases (from notes I've given them)
- Practise papers for all subjects (selected challenging questions which they often have problems with to save time)
- Journal writing daily & story telling (to practise developing plots/conclusion) [I realised kids are very bad at drawing conclusion so I've resorted to giving them model compositions with concluding paragraph missing & make them fill in the concluding paragraph.]

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kaydenbrown » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:54 pm

I guess most parents are trying to get their kids to start revising if they have not yet started.
Motivation is very important at this point in time as they prepare to face the final lap of the semester.

kaydenbrown
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Joy » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:45 am

My revision plan is to let her do some past year papers and see where is her standard and picked up from there.

Joy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support