Tutor buys assessment book?

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Tutor buys assessment book?

Postby vinegar » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:27 am

Hi,
my ds's english tutor bought some assessment books. However,I already have quite a number of english assessment books & I oredi found it hard to get ds to finish doing these books.Nevertheless, i also bought some 2 Grammar books which school required.

I just paid her coz i feel very pai sey to reject her.

Would like to know some opinion....does tutor normally alert you b4 purchasing the book?

vinegar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Tutor buys assessment book?

Postby TheAnswer » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:58 am

vinegar wrote:Hi,
my ds's english tutor bought some assessment books. However,I already have quite a number of english assessment books & I oredi found it hard to get ds to finish doing these books.Nevertheless, i also bought some 2 Grammar books which school required.

Would like to know some opinion....does tutor normally alert you b4 purchasing the book?

I always ask before I buy. They know how many books I will be getting and the estimated cost. Parents will get an official receipt from popular too.

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby SAHM_TAN » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:17 pm

Why did the tutor buy the assessment bks for your ds? Let him practise or to teach fr the assessment bks?

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vinegar » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:37 pm

SAHM_TAN wrote:Why did the tutor buy the assessment bks for your ds? Let him practise or to teach fr the assessment bks?

I am not sure either.I didn't see she is using the books.

vinegar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby vinegar » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:38 pm

TheAnswer wrote:
vinegar wrote:Hi,

I always ask before I buy. They know how many books I will be getting and the estimated cost. Parents will get an official receipt from popular too.

She always says "i hope u don't mind i bot it first coz it happened i was in Popular"..... :roll:

vinegar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby fruittypie » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:46 pm

how many books did ur tutor buy?

it would definitely be polite to at least inform you before getting the books.

fruittypie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby vinegar » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:48 pm

fruittypie wrote:how many books did ur tutor buy?

it would definitely be polite to at least inform you before getting the books.

About 5 in total....i was speechless at that time....Then she told me i can photostate the books or whatever,if i don't nid wanna to get from her...

vinegar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby fruittypie » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:50 pm

hm...5 assessments for 1 subject?

fruittypie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby fruittypie » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:55 pm

Honestly, i dont think ur tutor earns much, at most 20% from it.

it's ok if she uses the books and ur kids benefit from it else it would be money down the drain.

My tutor doesnt get books. She prepares her own materials for my kids. The last round, she got a reference book for my kids, didnt charge me for it. Very generous with my kids and would go the extra mile to help them.

fruittypie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby vinegar » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:58 pm

fruittypie wrote:Honestly, i dont think ur tutor earns much, at most 20% from it.

it's ok if she uses the books and ur kids benefit from it else it would be money down the drain.

My tutor doesnt get books. She prepares her own materials for my kids. The last round, she got a reference book for my kids, didnt charge me for it. Very generous with my kids and would go the extra mile to help them.

Yes,5 books for 1 subject.She teaches P3 english.

hmm..u mean u offered to pay but she said doesn't matter?

vinegar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support