P5 subject banding

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

P5 subject banding

Postby in moments like this » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:57 am

My boy is in P5 this year...and will be facing subject banding this year. In my own view, P5 is the most tedious year in the Primary levels. And now with this subject banding adding in... :? ...oh my....more fuel to the stress.

Different sch set different standard papers. If a child failed in the paper set by a high standard sch and that will land him to a foundation subject in P6. But what if he is in other sch?? The situation will be diff... :?

in moments like this
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: P5 subject banding

Postby atutor2001 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:25 am

in moments like this wrote:My boy is in P5 this year...and will be facing subject banding this year. In my own view, P5 is the most tedious year in the Primary levels. And now with this subject banding adding in... :? ...oh my....more fuel to the stress.

Different sch set different standard papers. If a child failed in the paper set by a high standard sch and that will land him to a foundation subject in P6. But what if he is in other sch?? The situation will be diff... :?

P5 is usually the "make or break" year for many kids in Math. There is a quantum jump in the level of difficulty for math. Many kids hate math after that. Good to pay special attention.

atutor2001
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kuzco » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:33 am

I thought subject banding is done at the end of P4? :?

kuzco
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

P5 subject banding

Postby in moments like this » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:40 am

P4 the parents can voice out for their kids. But when end of P5, the school will make the final decision based on the results of the kid.

Every schools set different standards..if a child fails in this sch and that doesn't mean he will fail if he is in other sch. So where is the balance key in this banding??

in moments like this
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support