How do you plan tuition for 2 or 3 subjects?

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

How do you plan tuition for 2 or 3 subjects?

Postby jkids » Sun May 26, 2013 6:41 pm

hi

juz wondering for those whose kids take up tution for 2 or 3 subjects...how do you plan time in such a way kids will not be exhausted?

weekdays, my kid is in student care centre so it impossible to let him go tuition. I intend to let him go for tution for 2 subjects.it seems tat our only free time is weekends. so does it mean one subject on sat and one subject on sun is better?

jkids
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: How do you plan tuition for 2 or 3 subjects?

Postby Miss Raja » Sun May 26, 2013 7:07 pm

When it comes to situations like yours, I would suggest that you start off my planning daily revision and homework schedule first. Consistent work is always the main key for a getting a student to perform well in school. Tuition is meant to help the child fill gaps in knowledge and skills.

Also, in my years of tutoring and teaching, I think most parents do not know how to start revision. This is a whole new can of worms. How well is your child doing in school currently.

Cheers
Miss Raja
sgpsleenglish.blogspot.com

Miss Raja
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sleepy » Sun May 26, 2013 8:28 pm

jkids wrote: I intend to let him go for tution for 2 subjects.it seems tat our only free time is weekends. so does it mean one subject on sat and one subject on sun is better?

Quite a number of centers offer back to back classes with short break in between to change classroom and rest a little. If center is far from your place, back to back classes will save travelling time. If center is nearby then separate days should be fine too.

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby longmao.irene » Sun May 26, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi,

I am in
An almost similar situation as yours.
Coz DS in PM session, meaning he b exhausted after whole day of sch.
Thus I did not cramp him wif morning n after sch tuition.
Wat i did was i source n put DS on waitlist(inital days) for fri evening class..
As during fri evenings, he need not rush to finish HW, revision etc...
Sat morning b swim class n follow by another class in d late afternoon.. Gving him plenty of time to recurpate n rechg! Heee
& as wat Miss Raja mentioned.. Constant revision n HW schedule is impt..
Otherwise @ d end of day believe d kid b v stress up
Wif both sch work n tuition HW..
Btw i did cramp 1 class of piano on thur morning.. Bt for tat d tr cm to our pl so cut dwn travelling time n DS can rest or wirk on his revision before sch starts..
Hope my schedule do help u to plan urs...
Cheers

longmao.irene
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Miss Raja » Sun May 26, 2013 10:29 pm

As a tutor, I strongly suggest you do not overtax with back to back classes. the kid will be tired and will not absorb much. Its counter productive.

Miss Raja
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sleepy » Mon May 27, 2013 11:18 am

Miss Raja wrote:As a tutor, I strongly suggest you do not overtax with back to back classes. the kid will be tired and will not absorb much. Its counter productive.

Depends on how old is the child. May be too tiring if lower primary kids.

However, I believe mid primary onwards should have that level of attention span. Kids spent 6 hours in school anyway. Back to Back classes are half or at most 2/3 of those hours. Should be quite alright in my opinion

The biggest draw is cut down on travelling time especially if taking both subjects at same center. But back to back class timing are super popular, may not have vacancies at this part of the year

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support