Awards

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Postby watmekiasu » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:28 pm

Wah! :shock:

I was thinking you were prob referring to the end of the year top 20% awards from MOE each year. Must remind myself this is KiasuParents.com. where the parents are more ambitious. :lol:

watmekiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Muffins » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:43 pm

watmekiasu wrote:Wah! :shock:

I was thinking you were prob referring to the end of the year top 20% awards from MOE each year. Must remind myself this is KiasuParents.com. where the parents are more ambitious. :lol:

Hi watmekiasu,

I think Vikaesh is a student (am I right, Vikaesh?), as he talks about his PSLE results on the other forum threads...

Muffins
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:16 pm

do a simple google.
dunno if this is outdated anot...
http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/press/2008/ ... he-200.php

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby watmekiasu » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Muffins wrote:
watmekiasu wrote:Wah! :shock:

Hi watmekiasu,

I think Vikaesh is a student (am I right, Vikaesh?), as he talks about his PSLE results on the other forum threads...

Whoa, it's getting to be hard to keep track. We have kiasuparents, kiasustdeunts and soon, kiasuparentstobe.

watmekiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby frankchn » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:55 pm

I have visited this website. However, it does not state the criteria [e.g. A*s in both subject...]

Never so simple. Most of the students there (I know a few of them, at least at Secondary School and JC level) represented Singapore in international science competitions and won medals (International Mathematics Olympiad, International Biology Olympiad, International Olympiad in Informatics).

Most of them will go on to top overseas universities (MIT, Stanford, etc...) (or medicine faculty in NUS) on government scholarships.

frankchn
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support