Partial single session

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Partial single session

Postby piggi » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:38 pm

Some school still having partial single session. P1 and P2 in the afternoon while the rest in the morning.
Knowing that nap time for children of the younger age group is important, and most children nowadays attend childcare centre where nap time became a routine. Having them to suddenly need to sit through the humid afternoon is difficult, and probably end up dozing off during lesson.
Any parent can suggest methods to help child get through the afternoon class. No keen on the 'wake up late' idea.

piggi
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Partial single session

Postby wfecng » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:30 pm

piggi wrote:Some school still having partial single session. P1 and P2 in the afternoon while the rest in the morning.
Knowing that nap time for children of the younger age group is important, and most children nowadays attend childcare centre where nap time became a routine. Having them to suddenly need to sit through the humid afternoon is difficult, and probably end up dozing off during lesson.
Any parent can suggest methods to help child get through the afternoon class. No keen on the 'wake up late' idea.

gov should invest more to make all pri-school single session instead of building wireless network for students

wfecng
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby nmhmum » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:54 pm

My son's childcare tried not to let the K2 children sleep in the afternoon. Even if sleep, they will let them take a very short nap. Normally they will implement this during term 3 of the year. They are doing this to get the kids use to Primary school's life.

nmhmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Mrsbongz » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:18 pm

for my kids, I try to make them sleep earlier at night. no choice because they have internal 'alarm clock'. no matter how late they sleep, they will wake at 6.30am. In fact, this issue is a strong factor for me to consider going part time when he goes school next year.. so that i can train him to wake up later..

Mrsbongz
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Vevey » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:23 pm

DS auto-dropped his naps since K1, so he has been sleeping ard 8.30pm since. Good, as he will wake up ard 7am+ & we can accomplish lots of stuff b4 going to sch ard noon.

Vevey
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support