HAST TEST RESULTS (Pri school)

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

HAST TEST RESULTS (Pri school)

Postby thelims » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:18 pm

My dd came home with her HAST (Higher Ability Scholistic Test administered by some Auzzie Ed Board) results today. School made her take it in Aug this year. Did anyone's dd or ds take the test? Can I use this test result for DSA?

thelims
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: HAST TEST RESULTS (Pri school)

Postby wiimum » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:22 pm

thelims wrote:My dd came home with her HAST (Higher Ability Scholistic Test administered by some Auzzie Ed Board) results today. School made her take it in Aug this year. Did anyone's dd or ds take the test? Can I use this test result for DSA?

My son took the HAST at P6 because the DSA school arranged for it. So I suppose if you have taken it then there is no need to take again, just submit the test result.

wiimum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Hast Test

Postby thelims » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:43 am

DSA submission is over for almost all schools. My DD had no intention of DSA then but took the test cos her school encouraged her to take it. Her results were favourable (top 10%) and I was wondering if for some strange reason, she does not do well in her PSLE, can I use this result for appeal in her current school. Can I also use this result for NUS High selection/admission in addition to her PSLE result?

thelims
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ttyh » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:04 pm

What is DSA?

ttyh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

DSA

Postby thelims » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:50 am

Direct School Admission (ie you get admitted to secondary school of choice based on a set of conditions prior to (and regardless of) the release of PSLE results.

thelims
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support