self-study in library

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

self-study in library

Postby YJL » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:11 am

Many times when i went to the library with my P5 boy, i saw few children of his age doing worksheets on their own. Few occasions, saw them there alone. I assumed it may be their usual regime there where their parent left them there alone to do their homework.
Seems like a good idea tho i think the child must be independent learner. What do you think?
My boy will fell asleep during his work at home.

YJL
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby hquek » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:34 am

Well, but those kids are taking up space meant for library users - pp who want to read there.

I would suggest exploring study centres available in community centres. There's none of the distractions (personal tv, etc); and I find the general atmosphere fairly conducive to study. Some ccs (from past experience) have air-con, others only fan.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support