school bus fare in Primary school

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

school bus fare in Primary school

Postby alvinlah » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:11 pm

My child is entering P1 next year, my school fare is $134 from blk 304A Anchorvale Link to Springdale Primary, which is less than 1 km. I wish to know it is reasonable for paying this fare? The operator that came to the school is LongLim Pte Ltd.

May I know where to find a cheaper operator for school bus?

alvinlah
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: school bus fare in Primary school

Postby patntee » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:22 am

My child's monthly school bus fees is $50 2-way. We stay 1+km away from school.

patntee
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby sembgal » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:21 am

alvinlah wrote:My child is entering P1 next year, my school fare is $134 from blk 304A Anchorvale Link to Springdale Primary, which is less than 1 km. I wish to know it is reasonable for paying this fare? The operator that came to the school is LongLim Pte Ltd.

May I know where to find a cheaper operator for school bus?

So near yet so ex! Did you ask how they calculate this figure? Less than 1 km should be less than $100. In my opinion, you should check with the school.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sembgal » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:25 am

I feel that primary school bus transport companies are monopolizing the market. Is there a need to raise this issue to higher authority to question them? During June and December, students are on vacation and they still charge the same rate as if they are still ferrying the children. I understand they need the salary to cover manpower and rental of buses. But, parents shouldn't be paying so much for school holidays when lesser petrol is being used. That's how I feel.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby puff » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:10 am

sembgal wrote:I feel that primary school bus transport companies are monopolizing the market. Is there a need to raise this issue to higher authority to question them? During June and December, students are on vacation and they still charge the same rate as if they are still ferrying the children. I understand they need the salary to cover manpower and rental of buses. But, parents shouldn't be paying so much for school holidays when lesser petrol is being used. That's how I feel.

Agreed... I calculated my sch bus fee is $4 plus per trip for the dist betw 1.5km ...and the journey is abt 45 mins coz my dd is among the last few to alight ....but there is no other choice

puff
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby alvinlah » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:53 pm

Anyone can recommend a cheaper bus school operator??

alvinlah
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby 12mum » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:09 pm

You might be able to find a cheaper bus operator but he might not be allowed to go into the school compound to drop and pick your child. Understand that most schools (maybe all schools :scratchhead: ) have her own authorized bus operators so if yours is not one of them, you can't go into the school.

12mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sembgal » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:51 pm

Yes 12mum is right. Every school has their authorized bus transport company/contact person. Unless you book a taxi, that is another story.

sembgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby alng » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:17 pm

Parents can feedback to the school principal and hopefully they will change the bus operator or pressurise the operator to lower the fare.

alng
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby alng » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:17 pm

Parents can feedback to the school principal and hopefully they will change the bus operator or pressurise the operator to lower the fare.

alng
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support