Vitamindz - difference between Einstein and Newton worksheet

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Vitamindz - difference between Einstein and Newton worksheet

Postby nansk » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:40 pm

1. Any parents familiar with the Vitamindz Science worksheets?

2. What is the difference between the Einstein series and Newton series worksheets?

3. If your child used the worksheets, and not the Vitamindz tuition class, what has been your experience? Were the worksheets alone helpful?

4. How do these worksheets compare with the plethora of Science assessment books available from Popular?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience/opinions/thoughts.

nansk
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Vitamindz - difference between Einstein and Newton works

Postby nansk » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:21 am

43 views and no responses. :(
Anyone who can answer at least my first question?
What is the difference between the Einstein series and Newton series worksheets?

I tried calling the two phone numbers listed for Vitamidz and got a recorded Singtel response that the numbers were no longer valid! Don't know whom to ask.

nansk
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby metz » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:24 am

Correct me if I am wrong. I was told that Vitamindz Einstein and Newton Series are not for sales to the public. The worksheets are available to teachers through schools. But only certain schools are using these worksheets. Perhaps that's why no response.
metz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby nansk » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:44 am

metz wrote:Correct me if I am wrong. I was told that Vitamindz Einstein and Newton Series are not for sales to the public. The worksheets are available to teachers through schools.

No, the schools that use these have listed the worksheets in their school booklists. So parents would have bought - and seen - the worksheets this year and earlier. And anyone can go to the school bookshop and buy the worksheets.

But only certain schools are using these worksheets.

Some schools have listed Einstein and others have listed Newton. I cannot find any website with any info on these two series. I was hoping some parents from those schools would share their experience.

nansk
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby iFirefly » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:46 am

DS' pri sch is using Vitamindz Science worksheets.. Purchased from the school bookshop.. Didn't know there are 2 versions though.. Will check and let you know.. :smile:

iFirefly
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby alng » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:47 am

How about try asking your child's Science teacher? My P3 son has these worksheets on his booklist but I do not know the differences. His teacher has kept the worksheets.

alng
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby iFirefly » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:51 am

DS' pri sch is using Vitamindz Science worksheets.. Purchased from the school bookshop.. Didn't know there are 2 versions though.. Will check and let you know.. :smile:

iFirefly
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby metz » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:53 am

Oh, I wasn't aware that students can get it from school bookshops. For my son's school, the order is handled by the teacher.

As the worksheets were done and kept in school last year, I am not sure which series he did.

Edit : I recalled the first Vitamindz worksheet on Matters that he brought back as homework. Questions seem to be rather tricky and of higher order thinking.
metz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby nansk » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:10 pm

firefly38 wrote:DS' pri sch is using Vitamindz Science worksheets.. Purchased from the school bookshop.. Didn't know there are 2 versions though.. Will check and let you know.. :smile:

Thanks! Will wait for your further reply. :)

nansk
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby nansk » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:13 pm

alng wrote:How about try asking your child's Science teacher? My P3 son has these worksheets on his booklist but I do not know the differences. His teacher has kept the worksheets.

My dd's school does not use these worksheets. I read about them here on KSP, and then saw them in some schools' booklists on Pacific Bookstores' site.

I can get them from another school nearby, but I need more details so that I can decide which set to buy.

Is it possible you can check with your son's teacher as to which series they use and any other info she can share? Thanks! :)

nansk
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support