If only Mother Tongue is not included in T score!

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

If only Mother Tongue is not included in T score!

Postby lovingmum » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:24 pm

If only MT is not included in T score calculation, it will be interesting to see which school produces the top student yearly. Schools that are well known for not doing well in Mother Tongue may emerge as one of the top schools in Singapore. In a separate topic, parents were guessing which school will produce the top pupil this year. I think it will be one of those SAP schools again, if not, those with kids doing very well in Mother Tongue.

So much has been said by MM lately about his wrong move in making kids learn chinese. If MOE will revamp the system why don't they revamp the whole T score thing. Just a thought that came to my mind....

lovingmum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby cafelatte » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:54 pm

same thought !

cafelatte
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby girlmum » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:01 pm

cafelatte wrote:same thought !

Same for me too. It would be very interesting to know who or where the top scorer is from without the MT T-score. My dd is lousy in MT too and this is pulling her down in the total score. :x Sigh.....

girlmum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby arijit dasgupta » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:40 pm

I AM SORRY FOR SPAMMING,I JUST WANTED TO GET A ORANGE BELT

arijit dasgupta
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby jedamum » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:03 pm

arijit dasgupta wrote:I AM SORRY FOR SPAMMING,I JUST WANTED TO GET A ORANGE BELT

orange belt? what orange belt?

please observe forum rules on no spamming unless you want to be listed in the Hall of Fame. TQ.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby James Ang » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:26 am

my student gets 3A* for EMS and B for MT, he gets only 240. Without MT, he will get at least 260.

James Ang
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby cindylauper » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:56 am

my daughter got A*s for Eng, Math, Science and A for Chinese. She only got 253. If only I know what her Chinese score is. Does 75 qualify for A?

cindylauper
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby 3Boys » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:02 am

cindylauper wrote:my daughter got A*s for Eng, Math, Science and A for Chinese. She only got 253. If only I know what her Chinese score is. Does 75 qualify for A?

I know the feeling........but unfortunately for our type, we are cast to the wolves, labelled as bad attitude, anti-cultural blah blah blah....

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tutormum » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:14 am

I think all of us felt the same. My DS2 can't speak Chinese well and got C for his PSLE through lots of tears and missed getting into the Express Stream by 1 point. :x He couldn't get promoted to Express in secondary one cos he failed Chinese but top his level in Maths. :x :x :x His secondary teachers sympathised with him and always said that he was express material bonded in the normal stream. :x :x :x
I pushed DS3 since P1 on his Chinese and thankfully he has a flair for Chinese. The teacher who taught DS2 for PSLE and DS3 in P1 was shocked at the difference when he realised that both of them are brothers. He had been insisting that DS2 poor performance in Chinese was due to family environment despite my protests that it was due more to individual ability to learn the language. :rant:

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby znzyzyzx » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:21 am

How about remove the English language from the T-score computation as well, for the benefit of those who are poor in English ?

znzyzyzx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support