SCHOLARSHIPS (P6)

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Postby syshi » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:24 pm

From MOE Website:

http://www.moe.gov.sg/initiatives/edusa ... ts-awards/

Edusave Merit Bursary (EMB)
The Edusave Merit Bursary is meant for pupils whose household income is less than $4,000 a month.

If your child is studying in either a primary or secondary school, or in a JC/CI or ITE, and is not a recipient of any Edusave Scholarship stated above, he can apply for the Edusave Merit Bursary if he is within the top 25% of each level and stream in his school, and if your gross monthly household income is below $4,000.

The value of this award for each level is as follows:

■$200 for Primary 1 to 3
■$250 for Primary 4 to 6
■$350 for Secondary 1 to 5

Good Progress Award (GPA)
If your child does not qualify for the Edusave scholarship or merit bursary, but has made significant improvement in his academic performance, he is eligible for the Good Progress Award. The award is given based on the extent of his improvement in his school’s year-end examinations over the previous year.

The awards are given to a maximum of 10% of pupils in each level and stream in every school. Pupils in Primary 1 are excluded from the scheme as there is no basis for comparison. Your child will be selected by his school for this award at the end of the year if he meets the criteria.

The value of the awards are as follows:

■$100 for Primary 2 to 3
■$150 for Primary 4 to 6

Edusave Awards for Achievement, Good Leadership and Service (EAGLES)
If your child shows leadership and excels in non-academic areas, he is eligible for the Edusave Award for Achievement, Good Leadership and Service. The award is given based on his achievement in co-curricular activities and contribution to community services over a one-year period.

The awards are given to a maximum of 5% of pupils in each level and stream in every school, from primary 4 upwards. Your child will be selected by his school for this award at the end of the year if he meets the criteria. Pupils in primary schools, secondary schools, JCs/CI and ITE who are recipients of Edusave scholarships or bursaries or good progress awards will still be eligible for this award.

The value of the awards is as follows:

■$150 for Primary 4 to 6

syshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby musette » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi,

I think the Edusave scholarship that Vikaesh is referring to is given to the top 10% of P5 and P6 students. I just checked, it is $400 for top 5% and $350 for next 5% of students based on the year end school results.

Congrats Vikaesh! My P5 son got it too. 8)

musette
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby syshi » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:35 pm

Oops...

Congrats to Vikesh :celebrate:

syshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby keroppi » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:37 pm

I checked the MOE website this morning cos my DD got it too. It's $400 for top 5% and $350 for next 5% of students.

Congrats to Vikaesh and musette.

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby csc » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:40 pm

Yeah...the value has gone up, I think. Don't remember it was $400 last year. :rahrah:

csc
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ApronMama » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:43 pm

keroppi wrote:I checked the MOE website this morning cos my DD got it too. It's $400 for top 5% and $350 for next 5% of students.

May I know when you received yours? My ds did quite well this year but still have not receive anything leh... :moneyflies:

Is it possible for a student to receive top 5%(or next 5%) and at the same time receive good progress award?

ApronMama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby keroppi » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:43 pm

ApronMama wrote:
keroppi wrote:I checked the MOE website this morning cos my DD got it too. It's $400 for top 5% and $350 for next 5% of students.

May I know when you received yours? My ds did quite well this year but still have not receive anything leh... :moneyflies:

Is it possible for a student to receive top 5%(or next 5%) and at the same time receive good progress award?

The letter arrived in my mailbox yesterday.

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby MdmKS » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:56 pm

musette wrote:Hi,

I think the Edusave scholarship that Vikaesh is referring to is given to the top 10% of P5 and P6 students. I just checked, it is $400 for top 5% and $350 for next 5% of students based on the year end school results.

Congrats Vikaesh! My P5 son got it too. 8)

Wonder for P6, is it base on PSLE or School result?

MdmKS
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby keroppi » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:02 pm

MdmKS wrote:Wonder for P6, is it base on PSLE or School result?

The letterhead shows 25 Nov, so my guess is, it is based on School results.

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby csc » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:06 pm

MdmKS wrote:Wonder for P6, is it base on PSLE or School result?

It is based on school results. :lol:

csc
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support