Which online book order website has direct shipping?

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Postby hquek » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:05 pm

znzyzyzx wrote:
hquek wrote:www.scholastic.co.uk

www.thebookpeople.co.uk -> very good for box sets, but not much selection (at least for me)

But the book people dont deliver outside of UK ?

I used vpost europe to have it shipped back. Even after factoring for inefficient packing (thereby incurring more shipping charges), it was still way cheaper than what I found in Singapore. :celebrate:

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby znzyzyzx » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:18 pm

hquek wrote:I used vpost europe to have it shipped back. Even after factoring for inefficient packing (thereby incurring more shipping charges), it was still way cheaper than what I found in Singapore. :celebrate:

Can you share with me how is the charges like for vpost ?

Example , if I were to order the 15-book set of roald dahl ?

thanks.

znzyzyzx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby znzyzyzx » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:31 pm

Just wondering how should I optimise if I were to order from the book people using vpost and dont want to join any spree ?

znzyzyzx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby lezzi » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:19 pm

Hi, anyone knows if singapore credit card is accepted?? TIA

lezzi
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby verykiasu2010 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:20 am

or "tumpang" someone who will be coming back from that country

that was what I did. - could not get direct shipping to Singapore from online purchase in China...get someone to bring it back by hand
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Which online book order website has direct shipping?

Postby botakgundul » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:37 am

Has somebody tried fishpond.com.sg?

botakgundul
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby smartmummy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:30 pm

Does anyone use survival comic series?

smartmummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby FantasyLandDreams » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:20 pm

Hi
Posting here as not sure where to post.

I lost 2 parcels from The Book People. The 2nd batch of books was in replacement for the first batch that never reach me. I did not receive anything after 2 months.
I have since wrote in to the Book People to ask for refund.

However on Singpost side, is there any email or phone number I can check up on the parcels. I called 1605 but they are not helpful at all, claiming lost mail with no tracking number they cannot do any checking at all. Anyone knows? Thanks.

FantasyLandDreams
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Pokemon2011 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:43 pm

Hi, I've used the book people many times, so far no problems at all. There was once i did not receive the order and they shipped a replacement to me immediately, and that reached me fine. For that particular time, i have used direct shipping from the book people. Suggest you check the address indicated in your tbp account. If you had gone through a 3rd party forwarded like vpost, can ask them to check the warehouse with the order number. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Pokemon2011
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Pokemon2011 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:44 pm

Hi, I've used the book people many times, so far no problems at all. There was once i did not receive the order and they shipped a replacement to me immediately, and that reached me fine. For that particular time, i have used direct shipping from the book people. Suggest you check the address indicated in your tbp account. If you had gone through a 3rd party forwarded like vpost, can ask them to check the warehouse with the order number. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Pokemon2011
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Previous

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support