Bag and shoes shopping in JB

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Bag and shoes shopping in JB

Postby sssdarlings » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:36 pm

With two children in primary school next year onwards, I need to look at more cost-effective school shopping options.

Am considering going up north to get shoes and bags. Any recommendations of places to go or views on this?

MTIA :D

sssdarlings
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby TTLauPeh » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:20 pm

The Pallas brand shoes are better than Bata's. Can't help you with JB shopping as we don't go there.

TTLauPeh
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Bag and shoes shopping in JB

Postby Andaiz » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:23 pm

sssdarlings wrote:With two children in primary school next year onwards, I need to look at more cost-effective school shopping options.

Am considering going up north to get shoes and bags. Any recommendations of places to go or views on this?

MTIA :D

sssdarlings' mummy - you using your kid's account??!?! :|

Perhaps it's safer :roll: (after all those disappearing cars, accidents etc) to buy in bulk here and also wait for the sales! Or lurk in our trading posts for pre-loved stuff if you're so inclined :love:

Andaiz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Cheerfuldad » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi TTLauPeh,

Where can I buy Pallas brand shoes?

Cheers!

TTLauPeh wrote:The Pallas brand shoes are better than Bata's. Can't help you with JB shopping as we don't go there.

Cheerfuldad
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby MMM » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:48 pm

Hi,

We just came back from Msia and I think school shoes are indeed cheaper there. Bata shoes is around MYR 26 - 30 (B first brand most expensive range). We got some shoe white that has got brightening effect for 2 for MYR 6.99.

We also bought school shoe from kikilala (they got local most trusted brand awards?) for around MYR 25 as well.

But you need to weigh the cost. If the cost savings is good enough to make the trip there.

For school bags, I am not sure if they have those ergonomic school bags over there just in case you are hoping to get it.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Re: Bag and shoes shopping in JB

Postby sssdarlings » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:10 pm

sssdarlings' mummy - you using your kid's account??!?! :|
:love:[/quote]

[i]Erm, I am not
sure what you mean by 'kid's account'? This is my username in blogoshpere ;D

Perhaps it's safer :roll: (after all those disappearing cars, accidents etc) to buy in bulk here and also wait for the sales! Or lurk in our trading posts for pre-loved stuff if you're so inclined

I have no issue with pre-loved items. We do not drive. Planning to take KTM as holiday treat for the children :lol: [/i]

sssdarlings
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby TTLauPeh » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:25 pm

Cheerfuldad wrote: Where can I buy Pallas brand shoes?

We bought them at Parkson at some mall in KL. Also saw them in Batu Pahat Mall when we were there 3 weeks back. Most of the schoolshoes and uniforms manufacturers have promos in the bigger malls at year-end.

TTLauPeh
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby sssdarlings » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:57 pm

TTLauPeh wrote:
Cheerfuldad wrote: Where can I buy Pallas brand shoes?

We bought them at Parkson at some mall in KL. Also saw them in Batu Pahat Mall when we were there 3 weeks back. Most of the schoolshoes and uniforms manufacturers have promos in the bigger malls at year-end.

Any such big mall in JB? We are not going to KL this time round. City square good place? Actually I was under impression that shopping in city square will be no different from local shopping

sssdarlings
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby UmmuMuadz » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:30 am

Hi,

Two weeks ago, we went to Angsana, JB.
Bought shoes and socks for DS1 at Parkson. They have many brands and price range from RM19.90 to RM29.90. Got free shoe whitener (that thingy used to make the shoes white). :?
At Angsana, they also have BATA. Price about there.
Even got socks, selling at 3 pairs for RM12.90.
:lol:

UmmuMuadz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby BigDevil » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:58 am

UmmuMuadz wrote:Even got socks, selling at 3 pairs for RM12.90.
:lol:

That's like $6?

Popular selling at $3.90 for 3 pairs...only for POP Card members though.

BigDevil
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support