What to bring on the first day at school

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

What to bring on the first day at school

Postby coolcat » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:04 pm

Hi,

As my daughter will be attending her first day at school P1 tomorrow, I am really lost as to what are the things I need to pack up for her?

does she need to bring ALL the books?
What else?

Thx.

coolcat
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mathsparks » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:10 pm

Oh dear! Actually you've should've been briefed already. Have you check out the pri school networking thread? You might be able to find some info for yr child's school.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby parentof3 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:11 pm

Bring all the A workbooks and some single line and square exercise books. Teacher may want to collect the workbooks. Some schools collect on 2nd day.

parentof3
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby coolcat » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:23 pm

Thanks mathsparks and parentof3 for your quick comments.

I sure went for the briefing. But this was not mentioned. Shall bring the A workbooks as advised.

coolcat
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mathsparks » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:24 pm

And coolcat, dont forget to take pics. Hope yr girl enjoy her 1st day! btw, can share which school?

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

North Spring

Postby coolcat » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:30 pm

Its North Spring Primary School, Sengkang.

I know its not so popular.

Only after looking at kiasuparents.com, I found that there are so many discussions on choosing the school and how important it is to choose the right school.

It may be too late now. :)
Any advice on how I can make good use of this. Or is there anyway to change to a preferred school in coming years.

coolcat
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby mum03 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:32 pm

I am also sooo excited, as DD will be going to pri 1 tomorrow, during the orientation the sch gave us a hand book When I read through I realised that what are the books to bring for the 1st day, as the teachers will be collecting it from them. They also offered a 3 days of pack lunch for the kids if we are interested to sign up, there after they will have a buddy system for the kids for the recess.
Maybe you could check if you have received any hand book during the orientation.

mum03
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: North Spring

Postby mathsparks » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:36 pm

coolcat wrote:Its North Spring Primary School, Sengkang.

I know its not so popular.

Only after looking at kiasuparents.com, I found that there are so many discussions on choosing the school and how important it is to choose the right school.

It may be too late now. :)
Any advice on how I can make good use of this. Or is there anyway to change to a preferred school in coming years.

no worries, coolcat. In recent years, neighbourhood schools have done well too! And there're various avenues for transfers, like after p1, or can consider put on waiting list in the school you're eyeing, or wait till after p3 ge selection, then try again. either your kid can move to a ge school, or some other kids move out of their current school, and you'll have an opportunity to move. all these avenues are 'well-documented' here on the forum, but you need to comb thru' them. Good luck!

you can see, i'm quite blur hor? already saw your posting in north spring still ask ya. :oops:

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby coolcat » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:54 pm

mum03 wrote:Maybe you could check if you have received any hand book during the orientation.

Thanks for sharing. I just did the easier thing. Just called my friend and asked her. I have to bring all the A books, water bottle, name tag. Anyway she is not joining the army ;) so its ok after all.

coolcat
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: North Spring

Postby coolcat » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:56 pm

mathsparks wrote:all these avenues are 'well-documented' here on the forum, but you need to comb thru' them. Good luck:

Sure. I will be browsing through regularly. Thanks for the tips.

coolcat
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support