Transportation issue after remedial class

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Transportation issue after remedial class

Postby Blur Mummy Tan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:44 pm

Hi All Parents

My son just enter Pri 1 & this term he needs to attend remedial class.
Both of us are working parent & we put our son in After school care centre.
Our problem now, the school bus does not take the children after normal school timing. Which mean no transport for my son to student care centre after his remedial class. We do not hire maid.
Would like to hear from other parents how they deal with this & give me some ideal/resources.

Thanks a lot!
:thankyou:

Blur Mummy Tan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Transportation issue after remedial class

Postby 12mum » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:00 pm

2 of my hello n bye friends used to pick the kids up from school after work but it was a mad rush and cannot work ot. They tried to pick the kids up before 6pm. Be prepared for traffic jam and bad weather. Sometimes the kids can get real hungry and bored cos canteen and library closed at around 4pm.

kids don't like it so eventually I think one became SAHM and I don't remember abt the other cos I don't go to school often.

Remedial class is Once or twice a week. So to stay in school n wait for parents I think is still ok but definitely not everyday. He would need a handphone too.

12mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ammonite » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:04 am

Explain to the teacher and be excused from the remedial class. Ask the teacher to highlight the areas that need to be worked on and do that over the weekend, either yourself, or with a tutor. I feel this is better and safer than worrying about after school transport, and less unsettling for the child.

Alternatively, you can ask the after school care center how they deal with such situations. They may know of a private bus driver or have some ways of accommodating. Some student care centers work closely with certain schools and do bring kids back at fixed time slots (within reasonable distance).

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Norbu » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:52 am

Have you double check with the school bus again.

My kids school bus pick up the children twice.
once is the normal school release timing and another is around 4 or 4.30pm this is cater to those that need to stay back for supplementary classes or remedial. Is even the same for the school bus for students staying is JB.

Maybe can check with the school bus or school office again
or all else fail, talk to teacher to be excuse from remedial classes.

Norbu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support