Any good home tutor English to recommend?

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Any good home tutor English to recommend?

Postby bbsin » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:31 pm

Hi

Please recommend good English tutor in west... Toh yi preferred or around the Area.

So hard to find good one

No agent or self introd. Those who had experienced with or currently engaged who be greatly appreciated, for P3 level,.

Thanks

bbsin
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Any good home tutor English to recommend?

Postby Moomin study » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:39 pm

Try calling up teacher jeremy at 83374438 for help. Though he charges $60 per hour, you are assured that he is good.

Moomin study
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tsh0202 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:57 pm

Hi,
I'm also looking for a good tutor especially for Composition writing. Any recommendation?
Staying in Yew Tee.

tsh0202
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby zbear » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:29 pm

Moomin study wrote:Try calling up teacher jeremy at 83374438 for help. Though he charges $60 per hour, you are assured that he is good.

$60 per hour for Primary School English? This is very expensive. Can guarantee A* for PSLE?

:evil:

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:39 pm

Moomin study wrote:Try calling up teacher jeremy at 83374438 for help. Though he charges $60 per hour, you are assured that he is good.

Prove of current student's results?

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:01 pm

TheAnswer wrote:

Prove of current student's results?

$60 an hour? Primary school level? Every child is different. If child is weak or slow, is tutor experienced and patient?

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby notabox » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:01 pm

Hi bbsin, any luck in finding a EL home tutor? Also looking for one in the same area for my P3 boy.
Much prefer to enagage one from word of mouth so appreciate recommedation from parents in this forum. TIA!

notabox
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby momkiasu » Tue May 19, 2015 3:23 pm

Hi bbsin, I wish to help you as I am a full time tutor myself that teaches Maths, English and Mandarin. However, as most of my students are following me through this academic year, i am unable to take in anymore students for this year.

Below are some of the tuition agencies that I used to take students from, (not sure if they are still in operation) but you may wish to check them out and do a comparison on your own.

ChampionTutor - Very fast and efficient. However their coordinators are not based in office and mainly working from home.
Tel: 91220236

MyTuitionClub - Operates as a home tuition agency & learning centre. I used to relief teach at one of their tuition centres years ago. They are stringent with their tutors and take actions against problematic tutors. Tuition rates are relatively lower compared to other agencies.
Tel: 67864588

Nanyang Tuition - Most of the students that i took from them, are foreign students preparing for entry examination AEIS etc etc so i think they are an agency that caters mainly to foreigners and expats. Rates are very good, writing from a tutor's point of view.
Tel: 6787 9759

Hope the above helps!

momkiasu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby concern » Thu May 21, 2015 9:33 pm

Hi,
Any good English tutor to recommend at Sengkang area to teach upper primary? Must be familiar with the new exam format and syllabus.
Thanks.

concern
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby bbsin » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi,

No luck yet.. have you ?? let me know too

notabox wrote:Hi bbsin, any luck in finding a EL home tutor? Also looking for one in the same area for my P3 boy.
Much prefer to enagage one from word of mouth so appreciate recommedation from parents in this forum. TIA!

bbsin
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support