exams/competitions/workshops for PSLE

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

exams/competitions/workshops for PSLE

Postby ga2004 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:59 pm

hi All,

My daughter is in PSLE. i would like to know when and how to track these competitions/exams/workshops for maths/science and any others that come up during the year.

I know some are from schools that they get to participate. Is there any additional quiz/competitions where she can participate? I understand all this makes a difference in their Secondary school entrance.

Postby catddy2002 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:06 pm

You may check from this link on Math competitions, website from Math Hub:

Postby James Ang » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:23 pm

we do routine PSLE classes; coaching, usual exam preparation and PSLE revision.

There is no truth that participating in tough Maths competitions or attending a one-day workshops means guaranteed A* for PSLE. These are just forms of enrichment to gain wider perspectives.

Our A* students scored A* for Maths and Science because of consistent hard work, well planned revisions and intelligent practices and studying smart for PSLE exam. Most of all, don't get burnt out and overly stressed by over-participating in competitions and workshops, but rather do routine diagnostic tests to check that the student is well prepared during a major exam. :D

James Ang

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support