Stationery and School bags

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Re: Stationery and School bags

Postby jetsetter » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:10 am

Savannah00 wrote:Hi parents, any reviews on Lego bags? Would model: Lego starter be suitable for P1? Anyone heard of Beckmann of Norway ergonomic bag? Any reviews? Any comparison thoughts on Lego vs. Impact vs. Deuter Smart S? I think Deuter Smart S seems abit narrow in width.

1. Single or double sessions? Single has personal school lockers i was told
2. Location of classroom (need to climb stairs?)
3. Distance from drop off points to classroom

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:11 am

janet88 wrote:Daughter is keen to get a Deuter school bag for sec 1. Where can I find this brand at a good buy? Thanks.

Queensway SC

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:19 am

jetsetter wrote:
janet88 wrote:Daughter is keen to get a Deuter school bag for sec 1. Where can I find this brand at a good buy? Thanks.

Queensway SC

thanks jetsetter.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Savannah00 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:36 pm

jetsetter wrote:
Savannah00 wrote:Hi parents, any reviews on Lego bags? Would model: Lego starter be suitable for P1? Anyone heard of Beckmann of Norway ergonomic bag? Any reviews? Any comparison thoughts on Lego vs. Impact vs. Deuter Smart S? I think Deuter Smart S seems abit narrow in width.

Hi jetsetter,
1. Single
2. Yes need to climb stairs
3. Stairs to first floor

Savannah00
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Tick16 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:16 am

Hi,
Looks like it's SPI, Impact or Deuter.

Any reviews for Deuter Smart S series for P1? My girl is about 135cm now. Any place that we can try it on aside to Queensway SC as I am living in Sengkang.

Appreciate reviews. Thanks.

Tick16
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby jetsetter » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:21 am

Tick16 wrote:Hi,
Looks like it's SPI, Impact or Deuter.

Any reviews for Deuter Smart S series for P1? My girl is about 135cm now. Any place that we can try it on aside to Queensway SC as I am living in Sengkang.

Appreciate reviews. Thanks.

135cm should be tall enough for those German ergo bags. it's those 110-120 petite p1ers that cannot handle the >1kg ergo bags that big-built German kids comfortably can.

As long as u can fit in A4 folder, it's fine.

You can try Deuter at Isetan, Taka sports section, but not all models are available.

Why don't u google? Many bloggers blog about P1 school bags!

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:22 am

Savannah00 wrote:
jetsetter wrote:

Hi jetsetter,
1. Single
2. Yes need to climb stairs
3. Stairs to first floor

Single should have lockers, so no need to lug 3kg home daily.
Climb stairs - then don't get trolley bag though your kid will bug u for it. It's dangerous i feel to lug trolley bag up and down stairs every day.

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:49 am

i wonder if there will be 'back to school' promotion for deuter school bags in december.
a bit early to buy a school bag now.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MyPillow » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:53 am

my dd is petite , she is only 120cm in P1, the ergo covers her back totally .
So I chg to that Frozen kiddy bag to use till term 3, then she carrys ergo bag ( P1 bag can be really heavy when they bring all files back for revision) this girl of mine does not like to leave her things in locker except newspapers for art , pastel color, apron, all the light things in locker, heavy books n files she bring home daily :roll: climbing up n down the big sch bus is like scaling mountain daily :rotflmao:

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:24 pm

MyPillow wrote:my dd is petite , she is only 120cm in P1, the ergo covers her back totally .
So I chg to that Frozen kiddy bag to use till term 3, then she carrys ergo bag ( P1 bag can be really heavy when they bring all files back for revision) this girl of mine does not like to leave her things in locker except newspapers for art , pastel color, apron, all the light things in locker, heavy books n files she bring home daily :roll: climbing up n down the big sch bus is like scaling mountain daily :rotflmao:

my daughter is very petite...she likes her brother's deuter go-go but it would cover her completely.
there is one size smaller than the go-go design but don't know if it can hold heavy secondary school books.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support