Creative Writing Program (English) by MOE

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Creative Writing Program (English) by MOE

Postby ImMeeMee » Sun May 29, 2016 9:29 am

DD2 has been invited by school to apply for the Creative Writing Program that is run by the GEP Branch of MOE.

If interested, we have to submit a creative writing portfolio through school for application. If selected, the child attends a 3-day literary camp towards the end of term 3, with writing workshops and peer critique sessions. This program is open to P5 students.

Want to find some background but am not able to find a thread on this. Is this a new initiative?

PS. Mods please shift/merge my thread if it has not been posted correctly. Thanks.

ImMeeMee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Creative Writing Program (English) by MOE

Postby Sursum » Sun May 29, 2016 10:00 am

I think you are referring to Creative Arts Programme (CAP). if i remember correctly, the kids have to write a story based on the objects given. During my dd's year, they were told to write about a rocking horse and a mobile phone. In addition, my dd included compositions written in P4 and P5 GEP with reflections at the end of the essays in the portfolio.
My dd had a lot of fun during the 3 days workshop and didn't want it to end.

Sursum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ImMeeMee » Mon May 30, 2016 7:15 pm

Sursum wrote:I think you are referring to Creative Arts Programme (CAP). if i remember correctly, the kids have to write a story based on the objects given. During my dd's year, they were told to write about a rocking horse and a mobile phone. In addition, my dd included compositions written in P4 and P5 GEP with reflections at the end of the essays in the portfolio.

Thanks for information. Does the program stop there after the camp or is there any follow up, like some form of mastery class?

ImMeeMee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby CMF » Mon May 30, 2016 8:23 pm

More info on MOE website : https://www.moe.gov.sg/education/progra ... -programme

CMF
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Sursum » Mon May 30, 2016 8:53 pm

ImMeeMee wrote:
Sursum wrote:I think you are referring to Creative Arts Programme (CAP). if i remember correctly, the kids have to write a story based on the objects given. During my dd's year, they were told to write about a rocking horse and a mobile phone. In addition, my dd included compositions written in P4 and P5 GEP with reflections at the end of the essays in the portfolio.

Thanks for information. Does the program stop there after the camp or is there any follow up, like some form of mastery class?

That's it after the workshop. It would be great though if there are weekly or monthly classes. Perhaps you could propose to GE branch or MOE :wink:

Sursum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support