English in school (Language and Education Research Survey)

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

English in school (Language and Education Research Survey)

Postby jovian_w2013 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:51 pm

Hi parents,

I'm a language researcher currently collecting data for an important research on parents' attitudes towards the types of English used in Singapore schools and their impact on children's learning (and ultimately, acquisition of Standard English). I would greatly appreciate it if you could spare a few minutes of your time to complete this questionnaire. Your valuable feedback and responses may be used in future language research and curriculum design.

Here's the link for the survey: http://goo.gl/forms/IBHHTgpaIld3e0Es2

If you are also interested in getting a $20 capitavoucher, do join one of two focus groups to discuss the impact certain kinds of English have on a child's ability to learn and acquire Standard English.

For more information on the focus groups or the research that I am conducting, feel free to write me an email at Jovian.Wong@mail.bcu.ac.uk
Alternatively, you can call me at 91199375.

Thank you! :thankyou:

Regards,
Jovian

jovian_w2013
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support