Kip Mcgrath Education Centres

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Postby father_of_3 » Thu May 07, 2009 11:04 pm

angeline123, it's in JE. But it was almost 3 yrs ago when planning him for June holiday.

father_of_3
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby phankao » Wed May 20, 2009 3:00 pm

jedamum wrote:Read our founder Mr.Kip McGrath's words:
"If your child is getting 90 marks and you want him to get 95, don't come to us. But if your child is getting 10 marks, we can make him get 50." - StraitsTimes on 10th Aug 2005."

Hah - not so extreme to be at 10marks, lah. I think not so difficult to train a child to pass, right?

Let's say, my child is getting 70 marks, I want him to improve to 100. Can or not? Which tuition centre/tutor is good at that? My husb will always say "got guarantee" or not? :?

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby angeline123 » Fri May 22, 2009 9:20 am

Not fair to want a guarantee from the school.

It really depends on the child.

I used to give tuition during university days. Some kids, no matter how hard you try to give them the right info, just cant get it. Or get it, then forget it during the exam.

angeline123
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby stream_cool » Thu May 28, 2009 5:15 pm

Hi,
I am new here. Seek advice :
Anybody tried this centre at Yishun Blk 8XX ( Ngee Soon CC ) b4.
Any good feedback or comment.

Thks

stream_cool
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Fairy » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:23 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
angeline123 wrote:...I mean if i know of any one that goes to that school, I will immediately assume that he/she is poor in studies. I wont want to go to such a school, or even to be seen walking through that door or even known to be checking that school out!

For fear of being knows as results being no good.

Haha... But really thats true, if thats the school's reputation.

That depends on how you look at the intent of the service. There are plenty of parents out there with underperforming children who would do anything to get the kids just to pass the exams. Ego is the last thing on their minds. And I have always believed that enrichment services should cater more to the underachievers than the overachievers, simply because they are the ones that need the most help. If your kid is already doing well in school, what is the point of pushing him/her to become the top scholar? Setting such a goal may actually make the child and the parent lose track of the real purpose of going to school - which is to learn to understand better our human condition and how we can interact better with the world around us.

Also, how do you measure the true effectiveness of services that select only the good students to teach?

My nephew, who is very weak in Maths (sec) has been attending tuition at the Hougang centre. According to my sis, the tutors gave him a lot of extra help ( without extra charges). At times, they made him stay back after class till pass 11pm just to make sure he understands a certain concept. I am very impressed.

Fairy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:42 pm

Fairy wrote:... My nephew, who is very weak in Maths (sec) has been attending tuition at the Hougang centre. According to my sis, the tutors gave him a lot of extra help ( without extra charges). At times, they made him stay back after class till pass 11pm just to make sure he understands a certain concept. I am very impressed.

And these are the dedicated service providers that are truly deserving of our acolades and patronization. Thank you Fairy, for bringing our attention on this.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ellehcim » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:18 pm

hi, how much is the fee fm KPG?

ellehcim
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Kip Mcgrath

Postby kitty2 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:13 pm

Any of your kids go to Kip Mcgrath for classes?Any comments or feedback,please share.The course is quite expensive,$140 for 4 lessons.

Thanks for sharing

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schellen » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:19 pm

There's already a thread on this: http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... kip++grath
I found it quite easily after doing a search. :)

Mods, pls merge. Thanks.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kitty2 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:04 am

schellen wrote:There's already a thread on this: http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... kip++grath
I found it quite easily after doing a search. :)

Mods, pls merge. Thanks.

Thanks

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support