Imagine, if your child get to discover the mistakes a typical P3/P4 student make in exam. All from different schools. How much time can the student save ? How much money can you save ? The most important question is, how many marks can the student improve ?
What is this ? A compilation of mistakes a P4 student would make in exam in short 5mins YouTube videos
A closer look : Every year, teachers are teaching the same thing from the same textbook, exams are testing the same stuff and the same questions. But because students are new every year, they make the same few mistakes a typical P3/P4 student would make.
Solution : Collate, explain and expose students to these set of common mistakes made by a P3/P4 student. Understand why and where have the 30 marks gone (Assuming if the student score 70/100). Learn mistakes from other students from different schools in Singapore in the short 5 mins YouTube clips.
Aim of these short clips : Not to teach Science (yet) but to let students be at least aware of the type of careless mistakes other students make. Every single student in Singapore can improve as a whole.
Learning outcome : Tackle the 30 marks deficit! If a student is aware of e.g 10 common mistakes a "B" student make, he/she would have a possible 20 marks advantage over a student who don`t know at all.
Want to highlight your child`s mistake and warn other parents ? : Submit your child`s careless mistake or incorrect answering techniques for Section B to Pangteach@yahoo.com. Whether it is a school worksheet, mock test, class test, MCQ or any school related work you want to warn other parents or students on the potential mark loss.
*Kindly submit school related work only so that we can be all be inline with the syllabus as close as we can.
Common mistakes a "B" student make - 5mins presentation on how to avoid these landmines
Playlist : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDv4ClP ... juWJUXdXvC
1. Explain why type of question - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-1nK8Az2Ys
2. Missing keywords on the topic on HEAT : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i41GgIR1Ltw
3. Mismatched relationship : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a47LgKE1EI8
4. Syringe and plunger fallacies : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA1g5I0f3S4 -> No.1 mistake in primary 4 science
5. MCQ option 1 landmines : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q4kAciITwc -> Teachers` favourite trick
6. How to put in key words : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mudTyZcFciI
7. Is this magnetized or not ? : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JseSRvg8A5A
8. Base on what you can see : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te2g_3v3zZA
9. Easy come easy go : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUmxju2V7VU
10. Reflected light : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrO72gR1vqs
11. Final volume of air II : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDv4ClPqRTQ -> Hacking the No.1 Mistake in 5seconds
12. Shadow and light source[/b] : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiRT5pihEuw
More to come... to be updated...
Pangteach. Together we improve : Learn from others` mistakes
A compilation of mistakes a P4 student would make in exam
Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.