Learning CL Using Gadget/Mobile Phone

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Learning CL Using Gadget/Mobile Phone

Postby peterch » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:24 pm

Hi....

I saw in 10 o'clock channel 8 chinese news a few minutes ago that there is a school using this kind of gadget / mobile phone to help the student improving their CL. They claim that the student manage to improve in 9 months time. The Students were interviewed and they said they like to study CL now than before.

Anyone saw this as well? Hope to get more information....

Regards

peterch
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby SoWoW » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:58 am

did not hear from the news. But i have a friend who shared with me that this primary school, they actually gave every student in one of the top class a mobile phone. This mobile phone is loaded with such software. And students are encouraged to use it every now and then. And according to my friend, her kid enjoyed very much.

SoWoW
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ooptimizer » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:23 am

Please pm me if you know more about this and where to get it, would definitely want to get one.

ooptimizer
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: Learning CL Using Gadget/Mobile Phone

Postby titank » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:29 pm

peterch wrote:Hi....

I saw in 10 o'clock channel 8 chinese news a few minutes ago that there is a school using this kind of gadget / mobile phone to help the student improving their CL. They claim that the student manage to improve in 9 months time. The Students were interviewed and they said they like to study CL now than before.

Regards

Maybe we can try get the software & load into our mobile phone to try. Which school is that that starts the pilot program?

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Learning CL Using Gadget/Mobile Phone

Postby peterch » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:41 pm

titank wrote:
peterch wrote:Hi....

Regards

Maybe we can try get the software & load into our mobile phone to try. Which school is that that starts the pilot program?

To what I understood from the news, the apps was preloaded :D

peterch
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby peterch » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:44 pm

SoWoW wrote:did not hear from the news. But i have a friend who shared with me that this primary school, they actually gave every student in one of the top class a mobile phone. This mobile phone is loaded with such software. And students are encouraged to use it every now and then. And according to my friend, her kid enjoyed very much.

Hi, if possible, would you share the type of mobile phone and what program that is installed. (From the news, it was SAxxUNG). I'm hoping to get this thing to help my kids to coupe with their CL in school. Usually kids' interest is higher by using this kind of thing :)

peterch
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support