Exchange of P6 Prelims papers

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

Exchange of P6 Prelims papers

Postby lizawa » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:01 pm

Hi,

Anyone interested to do an exchange of the current year P6 Prelims papers ?

You can do a scan and erase the answers on the existing question paper. Please provide answers to the questions as well.

I have the papers from Henry Park.

lizawa
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Exchange of P6 Prelims papers

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:50 pm

lizawa wrote:Hi,

Anyone interested to do an exchange of the current year P6 Prelims papers ?

You can do a scan and erase the answers on the existing question paper. Please provide answers to the questions as well.

I have the papers from Henry Park.

It's a bit late, but I think this is a splendid idea! We'll create an article to do the exchange. If you have prelim papers that you have scanned, just email them to us: admin@kiasuparents.com, along with your user ID so that we can credit you. We will put the papers up asap for everyone to download.

People who put up the papers can share. People who just download without sharing their own, well, are just plain selfish.

Let's make this work!

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby heutistmeintag » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:50 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:.. If you have prelim papers that you have scanned, just email them to us: admin@kiasuparents.com, along with your user ID so that we can credit you. We will put the papers up asap for everyone to download.

People who put up the papers can share. People who just download without sharing their own, well, are just plain selfish.

Let's make this work!

Erm, being KS, I am just wondering if there is any copyright or IP infringement. I dun want this forum to be closed down for doing sth illegal.

That said, maybe it's more ethical to credit the school rather than the contributor. :wink:

heutistmeintag
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:11 pm

heutistmeintag wrote:...Erm, being KS, I am just wondering if there is any copyright or IP infringement. I dun want this forum to be closed down for doing sth illegal.

That said, maybe it's more ethical to credit the school rather than the contributor. :wink:

Well... unless we make lots of money from selling these papers I don't think we have too much to worry about. The fact is, we aren't collecting a single cent from anyone, and these papers are unlikely to have any solutions from the teachers.

If a school writes to us to request us to remove their prelim paper we will comply, otherwise most schools are only worried about the quality of their papers being publicly scrutinized, rather than IP issues. Some, including RGS' principal, has been quoted to say that it is a good thing for the teachers since it gives them greater motivation to develop better tests.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support