Do tuition centres still continue to run P6 class afterPSLE?

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules
Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.
jkids
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Do tuition centres still continue to run P6 class afterPSLE?

Post by jkids » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:19 pm

Anyone with children in P6 tuition class?

Wana ask whether tuition centres still continue to run P6 class after PSLE has ended?

If so, what do they do in class? do some sec 1 work? or ?

nicnac
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:3

Re: Do tuition centres still continue to run P6 class afterP

Post by nicnac » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:01 pm

I think most centres stop lessons 1 week before the PSLE week.

mylulaoshi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by mylulaoshi » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:21 pm

No. I myself run lesson till last weekend. I still receive enquiries for tuition after PSLE and I don't know why. Pls enlighten me. If your child didn't learn well in Pri 6, send him for Sec 1 tuition lah.

mummyxoxo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by mummyxoxo » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:59 am

If it is me, I will stop all the tuition after P6. And yes, I agree with mylulaoshi that if there is a need, i will enrol my child in Sec 1 tuition instead.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Total Likes:324

Post by ChiefKiasu » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:23 am

I think most tuition would stop after exams but i do understand the need to continue for major and long exams like PSLE. Like most parents I let my son do what he wants after PSLE and his secondary education was a nightmare. Better to spend the time now instilling good learning habits. It doesn't have to be academic. Could be in art or something physical. Make sure he understands that the free time is rare and he will be rushing at an incredible pace in secondary school.

meinteel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by meinteel » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:11 pm

The tuition centre that I operate stops immediate once that paper is over. Usually, I recommend parents to let their kids rest a little first and engage them in non-academic pursuits.

However, we start classes for S1 in December. We revise important concepts learnt in primary school that will form the foundation for secondary as well as introduce some of the concepts for S1.

swortionery
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by swortionery » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:36 am

meinteel wrote:The tuition centre that I operate stops immediate once that paper is over. Usually, I recommend parents to let their kids rest a little first and engage them in non-academic pursuits.
Hehe for me, I tend to bring lessons forward so that the kids can at least have a couple of weeks to breathe before the start of the PSLE.

mummyxoxo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by mummyxoxo » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:02 pm

swortionery wrote:
meinteel wrote:The tuition centre that I operate stops immediate once that paper is over. Usually, I recommend parents to let their kids rest a little first and engage them in non-academic pursuits.
Hehe for me, I tend to bring lessons forward so that the kids can at least have a couple of weeks to breathe before the start of the PSLE.
Hi swortionery,

Just curious, is your approach effective so far?

Personally, I will prefer my dd to have lesson a few days before exam. It serves as an overall revision of the key points or what to take note before exam, and such info will be fresh in my dd's mind when she takes the exam a few days later.