How to improve P6 Oral

Getting your child into that dream Primary school is just the start of a 6 year journey. Discuss issues you face with supporting your child's studies in Primary schools.
Forum rules Gentle reminder before posting questions in the Academic Support Forums: Please ensure you post your question in the correct thread. Try not to start new threads.

How to improve P6 Oral

Postby Gracious999 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:06 pm

Hi,

My son is weak in his English Oral. Any recommendation of CD or books or any others which can help him in Oral?

Appreciate all advises.

Thank you :thankyou:

Gracious999
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby caroline3sg » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:23 am

PSLE English Oral with CD by EPH, cost around $18. Usually out of stock in Popular.

caroline3sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mathsparks » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:03 pm

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Guan Hui » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:41 am

Try not to use what school teacher tell them to use. I got a student who just practice her oral infront of me today. She kept using bombastic words that she cannot really pronounce well. I ask her why she say is school teacher teach de...

The problem is i think oral is about communication. Try asking your son to speak normally(no singlish though). Its all about getting your point across clearly especially when describing the picture.

Keep using words that teacher teach in school is a bad idea cause 39 of your classmates are also using the same words.(unless you are register no.1, too bad for you register no.40) Encourage them to come out with their own style and try to enjoy the conversation with the examiner=)

Guan Hui
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Primary Schools - Academic Support