Club Multiple Births

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Will/Were your multiples in same P1 class?

My multiples were in same P1 class
23%
My multiples were in different P1 class
20%
Plan to put my multiples in same P1 class
30%
Plan to put my multiples in different P1 class
28%

Total votes: 40

Funguy71
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by Funguy71 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:53 pm

GreenQ wrote:Hi nonKiasu, sorry for late reply!

I plan to put them in same class in P1. I think that will be a quite different environment compared to kindy. So if they are in same class in P1, I will be less worry for them as they can help each other if there is a need. I think it is good for them too as they are not really talkative or bravo kids in new environment.

When they are in P2 or P3 onwards, the sch may separate them base on their academic achievement. So I guess that's not too late for them to learn to be independent at that stage and when they are more familiar with the sch environment.

i can imagine having to listen to three version of P1 school happening everyday after work... :!:

nonKiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by nonKiasu » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:53 pm

I think it is good for them too as they are not really talkative or bravo kids in new environment.

Ha ha, finally, you see this thread! Must be busy lah.
No choice but to ask you to response bec so few members here :oops:

It's great to hear that yours are the quiet type! Mine create chaos when they are together and so I thot it is also easier for the teacher if they are not together. Even their current PCF teacher commented that they behave differently when they are together, after seeing how they push, kick and play with each other the moment they meet before and after class. They are really a lot more kuai when not together.
Moreover, I also afraid the teachers may mixed up my pair of identical twins. While they were in childcare, after 1 year, I still see that the teachers need to look at their names that I written on their T-shirt! And I really hate it when the teacher provide feedback like "One of them do ...., one of them say ...., Oh ya, one of them cried that day...." after 2 years! Don't know whether the teacher still can't differentiate them or think that they are just 1 person simply bec they look alike! :x

nonKiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by nonKiasu » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:16 am

Funguy71 wrote:

I plan to put them in same class in P1. I think that will be a quite different environment compared to kindy. So if they are in same class in P1, I will be less worry for them as they can help each other if there is a need. I think it is good for them too as they are not really talkative or bravo kids in new environment.

When they are in P2 or P3 onwards, the sch may separate them base on their academic achievement. So I guess that's not too late for them to learn to be independent at that stage and when they are more familiar with the sch environment.

i can imagine having to listen to three version of P1 school happening everyday after work... :!:

Ha, I am hearing 3 versions of K2 happenings now. It's interesting to compare their teachers, lessons and projects. I hope the laziest teacher will be stressed by us and catch up on her lesson. I can't imagine if all my 3 are under her. There is instance where I submit homework stipulated by the other 2 classes and embrassingly, she said, oh I am giving this homework next week. Once, she was on 1 week leave and initally she has no plan for her class to have any lessons. But the other 2 teachers advised her not to. I guess the reason is us! :lol:

keltan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Club Multiple Births

Post by keltan » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:13 pm

nonKiasu wrote:Here's our club members (I will just update this msg as and when there is new member or changes):

:welcome: Everyone!

name, location, multiples, gender, yr of birth, other children?
nonKiasu, Tampines, triplets, b/b/b, 2004, no
GreenQ, Toa Payoh, triplets, b/g/b, 2004, no
keltan, Woodlands, twins, g/g, 2004, no
vividlaurel, ?, twins b/g, 2003, no
Funguy71, Toa Payoh, twins, ?, 2009, yes

Pls let me know if there is any errors in above info.

Hihi, Sorry for late reply.
Yap you gotten mine correct. =)
Btw, which school will you kids be entering??
Have you settled on that?

nonKiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by nonKiasu » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:04 pm

keltan wrote:
Btw, which school will you kids be entering??
Have you settled on that?

My house is 200m away from Poi Ching. So, should be going there. But feel stressful that they want their students to learn 2000 chinese words in the first 2 years! So I must manage 6000 words! But no choice bec the next nearest sch is St Hilda's (1km) which no chance to go in since didn't PV. 'Back up' sch is Tampines Primary which is 1 to 2km away.

How abt u?

ximi
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Hi

Post by ximi » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:46 pm

Hi

I am new here
and i am a new mummy to a pair of Twins :D

keltan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by keltan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:24 pm

nonKiasu wrote:My house is 200m away from Poi Ching. So, should be going there. But feel stressful that they want their students to learn 2000 chinese words in the first 2 years! So I must manage 6000 words! But no choice bec the next nearest sch is St Hilda's (1km) which no chance to go in since didn't PV. 'Back up' sch is Tampines Primary which is 1 to 2km away.

How abt u?

Hi nonKiasu,

Sorry for late reply was kinda busy the past week and just started working in another company this week. Stress...

I'm staying in Woodlands, but did PV for CHIJ(OLQP). My old sch is Nan CHiau which is in Ponggol,too far away from us and there wasn't any idea sch in mind for us around in woodlands area so have to do PV. Sounded so Kiasu right?? hehhee.. ANyway, we're keeping my fingers crossed for now, hopefully the girls are able to get in.

I got a friend, her son in primary 1 this yr, who's studying @ Poi Ching. Heard that the teachers try not to overstress the kids during the chinese lesson, but the school will conduct chinese remedial class for kids who're weaker starting from end of Term 1. SO don't worry too much on the chinese. =)

The thing we should be worrying is the Math, heard alot of feedback from my friends and co-workers that, Math in Primary school is the killer subjects. You really have to seat down and do it with them, too many problem sums and mostly not a straight forward one. Moreover you got 3 entering at one time, if you intend to put them in different class, u gotta pray that the teachers are teaching at the same pace, or you'll have big headache doing math with them or teaching time especially if u're a working mum.

keltan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Hi

Post by keltan » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:26 pm

ximi wrote:Hi

I am new here
and i am a new mummy to a pair of Twins :D

HI ximi,

COngrate! How old is your twins? New mummy- i suppose they're less than 6mths?

bum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by bum » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:51 am

Hi, I like to join the club!

Here are my particulars

- bum, CCK, triplets, b/b/b, 2006, no

BTW: what are the chances of getting register for primary school for triplets?

nonKiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by nonKiasu » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:45 pm

bum wrote:Hi, I like to join the club!

Here are my particulars

- bum, CCK, triplets, b/b/b, 2006, no

BTW: what are the chances of getting register for primary school for triplets?

Welcome both ximi and bum!! Had added your particulars in 1st page.

Hi, bum. No sure if I got your question right....In registering for P1, we have to fill up 3 application forms, 1 for each child. Should there be a ballot, we have 3 names in a ticket. That is, if ballot successfully, we will take up 3 vacancies.... and many other parents will curse us lor :lol: The only way that we don't ganna cursed is that there is only 1 vacancy left and our ticket is being picked up bec the sch will also admit of our triplets! The only thing that I am not very sure is that we will be getting 1 or 3 tickets.