Club Multiple Births

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Will/Were your multiples in same P1 class?

My multiples were in same P1 class
23%
My multiples were in different P1 class
20%
Plan to put my multiples in same P1 class
30%
Plan to put my multiples in different P1 class
28%

Total votes: 40

nonKiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Re: Club Multiple Births

Post by nonKiasu » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:49 pm

keltan wrote:
The thing we should be worrying is the Math, heard alot of feedback from my friends and co-workers that, Math in Primary school is the killer subjects. You really have to seat down and do it with them, too many problem sums and mostly not a straight forward one. Moreover you got 3 entering at one time, if you intend to put them in different class, u gotta pray that the teachers are teaching at the same pace, or you'll have big headache doing math with them or teaching time especially if u're a working mum.

Hi, keltan. Thanks for your advise. Look like I have to schedule more time on Math with my DDs starting this week. Luckily got your feedback now and still have a few months to work hard on Math.

What is the recommended Math assessment?

fatBobo
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Club Multiple Births

Post by fatBobo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:16 am

nonKiasu wrote:Here's our club members updated on 27 Jun 2010 (I will just update this msg as and when there is new member or changes):

:welcome: Everyone!

name, location, multiples, gender, yr of birth, other children?
nonKiasu, Tampines, triplets, b/b/b, 2004, no
GreenQ, Toa Payoh, triplets, b/g/b, 2004, no
keltan, Woodlands, twins, g/g, 2004, no
vividlaurel, ?, twins b/g, 2003, no
Funguy71, Toa Payoh, twins, ?, 2009, yes
ximi, Bukit Panjang, twins, b/g, 2009, no
bum, CCK, triplets, b/b/b, 2006, no

Pls let me know if there is any errors in above info.

hihi all.. im new here.. (:
can i juz add myself here?

nonKiasu, Tampines, triplets, b/b/b, 2004, no
GreenQ, Toa Payoh, triplets, b/g/b, 2004, no
keltan, Woodlands, twins, g/g, 2004, no
vividlaurel, ?, twins b/g, 2003, no
Funguy71, Toa Payoh, twins, ?, 2009, yes
ximi, Bukit Panjang, twins, b/g, 2009, no
bum, CCK, triplets, b/b/b, 2006, no
fatBobo, Pioneer, twins, g/g, 2009, no

Twins
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Twins » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:03 am

Hi wonder mummies -- haha, we should give ourselves a pat on the back, cos we're raising 2 or 3 kids at one time!! :wink:

I'd like to be in this club too, great to share stories about our kids and learn from each other

Twins, Katong, twins, B/B, 2003, yes

Twins
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Twins » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:10 am

nonKiasu wrote:
bum wrote:Hi, I like to join the club!

Here are my particulars

- bum, CCK, triplets, b/b/b, 2006, no

BTW: what are the chances of getting register for primary school for triplets?

Welcome both ximi and bum!! Had added your particulars in 1st page.

..... The only thing that I am not very sure is that we will be getting 1 or 3 tickets.

Hi nonKiasu

for multiples, we will get only 1 ticket. Your children's names will all be in 1 ballot paper. If the ballot gets picked, your triplets will all get in.

It's a case of all or nothing. And because all 3 names are already in, you don't get 3 chances, but 1, like everyone else.

I think you can choose to put 1 name on 1 ballot each, but I guess nobody in the right mind would want to XXXXX like that. Schools don't want to split the multiples up - for obvious reasons.

Hope that's clear. :D

nonKiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by nonKiasu » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:00 pm

Welcome fatBobo and Twins to the club! Have udpated the member list in 1st page.

Twins wrote:It's a case of all or nothing. And because all 3 names are already in, you don't get 3 chances, but 1, like everyone else.

Hi, Twins. Thanks for the info.

Let's discuss another topic....
How do you all coach your multiples writing and reading at home? 1 to 1 or together? I am doing 1 to 1 and it's really very xiong.
If you manage to do together, I must learn the tips from you!

Twins
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Twins » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:51 am

nonKiasu wrote:Welcome fatBobo and Twins to the club! Have udpated the member list in 1st page.

Twins wrote:It's a case of all or nothing. And because all 3 names are already in, you don't get 3 chances, but 1, like everyone else.

Hi, Twins. Thanks for the info.

Let's discuss another topic....
How do you all coach your multiples writing and reading at home? 1 to 1 or together? I am doing 1 to 1 and it's really very xiong.
If you manage to do together, I must learn the tips from you!

For me, whenever I read with them, I sometimes read the entire story to them, or if the story is quite long, I do turns-taking. Twin 1 reads 1 page, twin 2 the next etc. I also demonstrate how to read with expression...I can be quite expressive with different intonations. Intent being to cultivate their interest and pass on a few tips....hopefully (!)

Not sure what you mean by coaching for writing. Do you mean "penmanship"? If so, I don't do much of it. Once get to P1, will be emphasised in school.

nonKiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by nonKiasu » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:33 pm

Twins wrote:For me, whenever I read with them, I sometimes read the entire story to them, or if the story is quite long, I do turns-taking. Twin 1 reads 1 page, twin 2 the next etc. I also demonstrate how to read with expression...I can be quite expressive with different intonations. Intent being to cultivate their interest and pass on a few tips....hopefully (!)

Not sure what you mean by coaching for writing. Do you mean "penmanship"? If so, I don't do much of it. Once get to P1, will be emphasised in school.

If I read, I try to read to all 3 together but its really squeezy when 4 of us have to look at 1 story book esp if the book is not so big.
If the book is for their level to read, I will do 1 to 1 with them bec their literacy level is different. My DS1 can read beyond his level (I think). In fact, when I am too busy to read with them, my DS2 & DS3 will beg DS1 to read to them. So with DS1 around, DS2 and DS3 will be too lazy to read.
As for writing, I mean the homework from PCF and some assessment book that I bought. How can we parents save time by having them write at the same time but they don't affect each other e.g. don't tell the answer to others (they are so proud if they know the answer while their brother don't know), don't compete on who finish faster (the fastest usually has most untidy work), etc.

nonKiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by nonKiasu » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:27 pm

Topic revisit on P1 same class or not ...

Mine just got in to Poi Ching. Yesterday, I met my neighbour with twins in P4, studying at Poi Ching. My decision of putting my triplets in same P1 class is shaken after chatting with her. She put her twin boys in different class from P1. They are only in the same class in P3 when she overlooked and forgot to tell the sch to spilt them. Obviously, the sch put multiples in the same class by default.

GreenQ wrote:
When they are in P2 or P3 onwards, the sch may separate them base on their academic achievement. So I guess that's not too late for them to learn to be independent at that stage and when they are more familiar with the sch environment.

My neighbour told me that the sch usually try to let the students from the same class to stay together from P1 to P3. Major movement is only in P4. There may be minor movement in P2 and P3 only if a student from a faster pace class really cannot cope or a student from the slower pace shows really good progress. The students will be group into classes according to their 'calibre' on a test during orientation.

Twins wrote:Hi wonder mummies -- haha, we should give ourselves a pat on the back, cos we're raising 2 or 3 kids at one time!! :wink:

I'd like to be in this club too, great to share stories about our kids and learn from each other

Twins, Katong, twins, B/B, 2003, yes

Hi, Twins. You have not shared whether your twins are in same P1 class?

Yap, we busy mommies...our club here are pretty quiet as compared to other clubs :lol:

Tattybear
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Hello to all Multiple birth parents, I'm new here

Post by Tattybear » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:53 am

Introducing myself:

tattybear, CCK, Twins, g/g, 2009, yes (1 more)

Hope to join in the sharing and discussion with all of you here in the forum.

nonKiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Hello to all Multiple birth parents, I'm new here

Post by nonKiasu » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:56 pm

Tattybear wrote:Introducing myself:

tattybear, CCK, Twins, g/g, 2009, yes (1 more)

Hope to join in the sharing and discussion with all of you here in the forum.

:welcome: tattybear, had updated our member in the 1st page.
:celebrate: Ya, a new member after 4 mths! :celebrate: