Club Multiple Births

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Will/Were your multiples in same P1 class?

My multiples were in same P1 class
23%
My multiples were in different P1 class
20%
Plan to put my multiples in same P1 class
30%
Plan to put my multiples in different P1 class
28%

Total votes: 40

GreenQ
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by GreenQ » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:00 pm

Hi! Have been very busy lately... :)

Updatez... The sch has split my triplets into 2 different classes instead of 3. Both boys in same class while my gal in another class. I didn't reject their idea as I think there will be pro and con no matter they are in same or in diff class. Let's see how things going on.

But I have requested the sch to put them in same colour of House Of Colour (for sports activity purpose) during the orientation day yesterday, and be accepted. Initially sch assigned them under 2 different House of Colour.

mummya
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Mother of twins

Post by mummya » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:08 pm

Hi everybody,
I a mother of a pair of twins aged six this year, going primary one next year, pretty stressful as they are very competitive. how do i join the club.

nonKiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Re: Mother of twins

Post by nonKiasu » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:46 pm

mummya wrote:Hi everybody,
I a mother of a pair of twins aged six this year, going primary one next year, pretty stressful as they are very competitive. how do i join the club.

Ya, understand your stress. GreenQ and I have triplet the stress. So u are still better than us :)
That's why we are trying to learn from each other in this forum and hope to reduce stress if we know more :)

To join this club in this thread, just introduce yourself:
name, location, multiples, gender, yr of birth, other children?

But to join kiasuparents website, pls go to the newbie there to introduce yourself.

nonKiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by nonKiasu » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:01 pm

GreenQ wrote:Hi! Have been very busy lately... :)

Updatez... The sch has split my triplets into 2 different classes instead of 3. Both boys in same class while my gal in another class. I didn't reject their idea as I think there will be pro and con no matter they are in same or in diff class. Let's see how things going on.

But I have requested the sch to put them in same colour of House Of Colour (for sports activity purpose) during the orientation day yesterday, and be accepted. Initially sch assigned them under 2 different House of Colour.

Hi, GreenQ. Thanks for the update.

Hey, why the sch split this way? Did the sch explain why? Did your darlings undergone a test?

The sch that we are going are very keen to put mine in same class. I told the principle that we will discuss this further after the test which is on their orientation on 19 nov. Reason being that I don't know how will they decide if my DSs are graded say A, B and C. I just worried that if the 'C' DS go to A class, he will not be able to catch up. If the 'A' DS go to C class, he will be bored to death. I heard that the good class has more homework, and spellings are in sentences instead of words, etc.

For the convienent of parents, the sch also has a rule that all sliblings (regardless of age) are in the same house colour. So, I have no worries on this. They are thoughful enough.

Also, Tampines has lots of multiples and the sch seems quite experience with multiples :)

Btw, yesterday, went to sch to buy books and uniform. Run into the prinicple and he asked why I need to buy 3 sets as mine will be in the same class and can share the textbook :!: I asked him how to share! He said let them sit together.
Err...I am not into this sharing bec the lazy one will depend on the more hardworking one to write notes then!
Anyway, appreciate his thoughfullness to help us to save $$.

Will update u on how my DSs class allocation be.

GreenQ
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by GreenQ » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:29 am

Hi nonKiasu!

I'm not sure why the sch split like this way. Initially a teacher told me the sch's policy is to split all twins into different classes. So I was expected my triplets will be split into 3 different classes. But now they will be in 2 different classes. So I didn't object the idea. I have thought over the pro and con for both cases, and open my mind to accept it. And I prefer my youngest boy to have a companion for him for the first yr in new environment too. Not so worry for the other two kids.

They didn't go thru any test. The sch will allocate the students into different classes when they are in P3 onwards based on their academic performance.

Hey, I don't agree with the principal's idea to share text books. They will not pay attention or rely on others to write notes, or they might fight to write notes every time teachers ask them to do so! :)

Peace Charlie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Twin in P1 next Year

Post by Peace Charlie » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:25 pm

Hi I'm new to KSP. I have a set of twin (2004) thus next year. When they r in K2, they r split to different classes... crying non stop for the first three months. Thereafter got used to it.... nex year P1 they r in same class. although they prefer to spilt reason they wants different friends n different teaching...

I find KSP useful got to know and learn lots of news.

Need advice on Babybonus... heard CDAC are transfering the acct to PSEA... what is that ?

GreenQ
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by GreenQ » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:24 pm

Hello....
The biggest different between kindergarden and primary sch for my kids now is I have to check and pack their sch bags every day! A new and busy task...

As my gal and boys are in different classes, they only share a common teacher in 1 subject. All other subjects are different teachers. My gal's teachers have given clear instruction to pack her sch bags. 2 boys are happy go lucky... seem don't have additional instruction to pack their bag. Or may be my boys didn't pay attention in class, so they don't know if there is additional things to bring to sch! :roll:

Twin_mum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Club Multiple Births

Post by Twin_mum » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:22 am

Hi hi.. I m new here..

Twin_mum/woodlands/twins/gb/2005/no

But why is this thread so 'quiet'. Parents of multiples r too busy?? :sweat: :sweat:

Twin_mum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Twin_mum » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:31 am

keltan wrote:
nonKiasu wrote:Here's our club members (I will just update this msg as and when there is new member or changes):

:welcome: Everyone!

name, location, multiples, gender, yr of birth, other children?
nonKiasu, Tampines, triplets, b/b/b, 2004, no
GreenQ, Toa Payoh, triplets, b/g/b, 2004, no
keltan, Woodlands, twins, g/g, 2004, no
vividlaurel, ?, twins b/g, 2003, no
Funguy71, Toa Payoh, twins, ?, 2009,

Hi keltan.. U r also a woodlander??? :rahrah: Which sch do u put your gals? I m kinda stressed.. Mine registering next week, so worried if I make
the wrong choice, then it is mistake x 2... Sigh..
Yap you gotten mine correct. =)
Btw, which school will you kids be entering??
Have you settled on that?

nonKiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by nonKiasu » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:59 pm

Twin_mum wrote:Hi hi.. I m new here..

Twin_mum/woodlands/twins/gb/2005/no

But why is this thread so 'quiet'. Parents of multiples r too busy?? :sweat: :sweat:

Ya, you bet! Time really not enough.
But can go into any discussion if someone has something to say....