Club Multiple Births

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Will/Were your multiples in same P1 class?

My multiples were in same P1 class
23%
My multiples were in different P1 class
20%
Plan to put my multiples in same P1 class
30%
Plan to put my multiples in different P1 class
28%

Total votes: 40

nonKiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Re: Club Multiple Births

Post by nonKiasu » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:09 pm

Twin_mum wrote:Hi hi.. I m new here..

Twin_mum/woodlands/twins/gb/2005/no

But why is this thread so 'quiet'. Parents of multiples r too busy?? :sweat: :sweat:

Hi, Twin_mum. :welcome: Welcome to the club. I have updated our member list on page 1.

Btw, I just realised that I have not updated in this thread on my triplets P1 class allocation :slapshead: I think I have updated in other thread.

The poll, worries and concern that I have last year is actually unnecesary bec the sch allocated my DSs according to their 'capability'. My DSs are given a Chinese and English test on high frequency words during orientation. My DS1 is in 1 class and DS2&DS3 (identical twins) in another class. When I asked the sch the possibilty of having them in same class, the answer is my DS1 will join his brothers and not the other way round. Reason: can 'downgrade' from good class to ave class n not the other way round. So, in order not to deprive DS1, we do what the sch recommended.

Twin_mum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Twin_mum » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:08 pm

@nonkiasu... Wow ur kids sch sounds very impressive.. Got English n Chinese test during orientation. Wat sch is that? Doubt v much my kids sch will have that. Will b registrating them tmrw at qihua pri.

nonKiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by nonKiasu » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:11 pm

Twin_mum wrote:@nonkiasu... Wow ur kids sch sounds very impressive.. Got English n Chinese test during orientation. Wat sch is that? Doubt v much my kids sch will have that. Will b registrating them tmrw at qihua pri.

Poi Ching at Tampines, abt 200m from my house. Ha, their test seems to differ every year too, depending on what program they have in mind and so how they wish to group the children. I also ganna 'shock' here and there since orientation day.
U must be very excited now... :smile:

juliet08
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by juliet08 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:07 am

Here to join the club!
juliet, pioneer, twins, boys, 2010, 1 boy 2008

The twins are gg into childcare in 2 months time...the eldest brother will be in the same compound until he moves up to nursery next year.

Now, do i have to start thinking abt the eldest's primary sch registration already?! +.+

joper
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by joper » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:01 pm

Hi all,
I am new to kiasuparents.com. My twin boy and girl are in N2 with Lorna Whiston East Coast. We've always encouraged them to stay close and look out for each other since young. My girl who has a stronger personality often protects her brother from getting bully by others. =D They will also check on each other's behavior when needed. So I am really hoping that when they enter P1, they can be in the same class (which also means my choice of school is limited to only mixed gender school). =( I thought it depends on the school's policy if sibling can be placed in the same class? It will be really great if parent's request can be considered =)....does anyone has the same experience?

nonKiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by nonKiasu » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:26 pm

joper wrote:Hi all,
I am new to kiasuparents.com. My twin boy and girl are in N2 with Lorna Whiston East Coast. We've always encouraged them to stay close and look out for each other since young. My girl who has a stronger personality often protects her brother from getting bully by others. =D They will also check on each other's behavior when needed. So I am really hoping that when they enter P1, they can be in the same class (which also means my choice of school is limited to only mixed gender school). =( I thought it depends on the school's policy if sibling can be placed in the same class? It will be really great if parent's request can be considered =)....does anyone has the same experience?

Hi, joper. Welcome!
I guess every school has its policy. For mine, the school's policy (ie. by default) is to place the multiples in the same class if their learning capabilities are the same. So we parents have to make a special request if we don't want to. The request has to be made before the next year class list is out. As for your case, the best is to call the school, know its policy and see if you need to act on it before they announce the class list. It's tough to change class once the list is out because u/sch need to find someone else to swap the class with you.

Triplets Mom
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Triplets Mom » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:30 pm

Hi.... Newbie too!

I've got 2005 triplets, boy, girl, boy, residing in marine parade..
DD is enrolled in a girls Sch next year, and boys in same co-ed Sch....

Not sure if the boys would be posted to the same class... Do we have a choice?

TiaraUrchin
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by TiaraUrchin » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:25 am

I'm a newbie and my twin girls are in K1 now. They both have different personalities. So as of now, I'm thinking of putting them in different classes when they enter P1. But the disadvantage will be mommy has to work hard to teach them. I'm in hougang, so anybody out there if you can share which schools are good I would be grateful!!

Thanks

nonKiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by nonKiasu » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:19 am

TiaraUrchin wrote:I'm a newbie and my twin girls are in K1 now. They both have different personalities. So as of now, I'm thinking of putting them in different classes when they enter P1. But the disadvantage will be mommy has to work hard to teach them. I'm in hougang, so anybody out there if you can share which schools are good I would be grateful!!

Thanks

Hi, TiaraUrchin. Welcome to this thread!
I don't quite understand why u mention that putting them in diff classes will make mommy work hard to teach? My 3 boys are in 2 diff classes. My 2 that are in the same class are hard to teach too as they are diff in personalities. Ha, many times, they even give me conflicting info abt their homework and I always have to ask them, r they STILL in the same class even thot they r now in P2!
Sorry, I can't help you on Hougang sch. Suggest u go to those threads that discuss individual Hougang sch.

newmorning
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by newmorning » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:40 am

Hi all,

I am new here!

newmorning, Geylang, twin boys, 2010, yes!

Have not thought about whether they should be put in the same P1 class or not. :)