Club Multiple Births

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Will/Were your multiples in same P1 class?

My multiples were in same P1 class
23%
My multiples were in different P1 class
20%
Plan to put my multiples in same P1 class
30%
Plan to put my multiples in different P1 class
28%

Total votes: 40

nonKiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Re: Club Multiple Births

Post by nonKiasu » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:42 pm

newmorning wrote:Hi all,

I am new here!

newmorning, Geylang, twin boys, 2010, yes!

Have not thought about whether they should be put in the same P1 class or not. :)

Hi, newmorning. :welcome:
Ya, maybe don't need to think too much of it. Two years ago, I was not aware that nowadays, the class will be grouped. I told the teacher that my 2 boys who r in the same class should not be seated next to each other bec they will play w each other. Then ended up, my boys r never in the same group. Ha, I sort of 'transfer' this headache to the teacher who has to consider that each group has a mix of gender, capabilites (fast n slow learner) and personality (quiet n active), etc + my boys not in same group.

Triplets Mom
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Triplets Mom » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:36 pm

My triplets just entered P1 this year. Boys are in the same class, while my girl is in a girls' school. The 2 schools use different Maths textbooks.

Personally, I am thankful the boys are in the same class so their spelling and tests are on the same day. Now they are in Term 2, and I am getting a huge headache trying to keep track of the mini tests of these 2 schools. :razz:

:grphug:

nonKiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by nonKiasu » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:22 pm

Triplets Mom wrote:My triplets just entered P1 this year. Boys are in the same class, while my girl is in a girls' school. The 2 schools use different Maths textbooks.

Personally, I am thankful the boys are in the same class so their spelling and tests are on the same day. Now they are in Term 2, and I am getting a huge headache trying to keep track of the mini tests of these 2 schools. :razz:

:grphug:

Woo la la... Wonder how u manage the daily logistics of sending and picking up your triplets to and from sch :salute:
Ha, when 2/3 of mine need to attend remedial class, I got the 1/3 to join in the class too so that I need not to go to the sch twice with an interval of 1 hr.

Triplets Mom
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Triplets Mom » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:04 pm

My DD takes the Sch bus while my boys walk to school. So far it's not the logistics that's the issue but the Sch work, ESP show and tell!!

I get what u mean about the remedial cos I do that for my boys too.. Called the teacher and begged her to let both attend the class together.. Lol

Blessedwife
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:14

Post by Blessedwife » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:56 pm

Hi all mummies

My post may be off topic sorry but can I find out from the triplets or twin
Mummies did you conceive your babies naturally or thru Ivf or etc?

I am a twin myself but am not so lucky to conceive twins :(

I have a 6 year old boy and now then I thought of having another bb but not easy as age is catching up! In my mid thirties now ...

nonKiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by nonKiasu » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:59 pm

Blessedwife wrote:Hi all mummies

I have a 6 year old boy and now then I thought of having another bb but not easy as age is catching up! In my mid thirties now ...

Hi, Blessedwife. You r not really off topic. We can discuss anything related to multi birth.

My boys are thru ivf altho my mum side has history of boy twins. Somehow, my twin cousin's wife didn't give birth to twins. We are sort of disappointed.

Don't give up. I have a girlfriend who was having a hard time trying for 2nd one until she almost signed up for ivf. Then her hubby had a break in between jobs and ...bingo, she conceived! Her 1st one was 7 then. And guess what... she had her 3rd one naturally when her 2nd one was 7 again and she was 42! So, she is the 1st one among our gang to give birth at 28 and last one to close production. None of us can break her record :)

Blessedwife
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by Blessedwife » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:38 pm

nonKiasu wrote:
Blessedwife wrote:Hi all mummies

Hi, Blessedwife. You r not really off topic. We can discuss anything related to multi birth.

My boys are thru ivf altho my mum side has history of boy twins. Somehow, my twin cousin's wife didn't give birth to twins. We are sort of disappointed.

Don't give up. I have a girlfriend who was having a hard time trying for 2nd one until she almost signed up for ivf. Then her hubby had a break in between jobs and ...bingo, she conceived! Her 1st one was 7 then. And guess what... she had her 3rd one naturally when her 2nd one was 7 again and she was 42! So, she is the 1st one among our gang to give birth at 28 and last one to close production. None of us can break her record :)

Hi nonkiasu mummy,

Thank you for taking yr precious time to reply to my message :)

The reason why I have the urge of having 2nd bb is becos I just become a SAHM and have so much free time. I was thinking if I don't try now then after 1 or 2 years I will regret. Also, by the time when my son completes his primary school and went on to secondary he won't want to tag along with me. If another bb comes along then I will have his or her companion and my time will be fully occupied too.

Boys are boys they will not stick with us once they have their circle of friends when they grow older unlike girls. So I was hoping to conceive a girl. However it's easier said then done.

I was toying with the idea go going to my gynae to get him to prescribe clomid and not waste time trying to conceive naturally.

As for my hubby, he is happy go
Lucky kind. With or without another bb is fine with him.

Ultimately, it's me who is dying for a bb girl haha :D

May I know is the process of Ivf very stressful and you succeeded thru 1st attempt ? Did you request for Ivf or via gynae recommendation ?

Thank you :)

nonKiasu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by nonKiasu » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:22 am

Hi, Blessedwife. I hope your wish come true. I used to wish for at least a girl too but now, I just have to settle down with my 3 boys who are more than I can cope.

All along, i wanted to conceive naturally and so I consulted TCM at Thong Chai (http://www.stcmi.org.sg/), infertility dept. My DH and I brewed and took chinese med for 2 years. Altho we felt our health had improved alot thru TCM, but still didn't conceive. No choice, at last resort, I told my DH let's try ivf for 1 time. And pingo...we are 150% successful bec I implant 2 embryo but got 3 babies. The stats successful rate was 26% after 3 tries. I don't know what is the latest rate now.

I just stepped into nuh ivf centre (i can't remember the actual clinic name now) without any recommendation or appt. The whole process is abt 3 mths in a few stages. Can't remember the name of the stages now. But in layman term, they are to 1) stop self-ovaluation, 2) medicine to control ovaluation, 3) ops to retreive the eggs and finally 4) the embryo implant. Stage 2 to 4 can fail and the whole process will stop. Eg. if the medicine didn't manage to control the ovaluation such that at least x (i think 10) eggs are released nor the 'desired' size of the eggs, the process will stop. If after the eggs are retreived but the embryo development are in "poor" quality, can't proceed to last stage. Even after the implant, if the embryo doesn't 'stick' to the womb, its still a failure.

There is a lot of jabs throughtout the process. The most painful type of jabs were after I conceived bec the med is oil-based. These jabs are to prevent miscarriage. Stage 1 and 2 jabs are water-based and so the pain is only the poking part. And yes, I jab myself then. Otherwise, one can visit a GP for the jab.

Hope the above info helps. Still hope u can conceive naturally and can avoid all these pain, time spent and money spent.

Tripsplanner
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Tripsplanner » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:59 am

New to KSP too. Currently living in Canada but hoping to move to SIN by next spring. I'd like to join the club too!

Tripsplanner, Toronto, Triplets GGB, 2007, (Gosh!) No

Right now, I am just trying to absorb as much info as possible with regards to school. Still trying to find my way through the maze, so any information is welcome.

Blessedwife
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Post by Blessedwife » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:54 pm

nonKiasu wrote:Hi, Blessedwife. I hope your wish come true. I used to wish for at least a girl too but now, I just have to settle down with my 3 boys who are more than I can cope.

All along, i wanted to conceive naturally and so I consulted TCM at Thong Chai (http://www.stcmi.org.sg/), infertility dept. My DH and I brewed and took chinese med for 2 years. Altho we felt our health had improved alot thru TCM, but still didn't conceive. No choice, at last resort, I told my DH let's try ivf for 1 time. And pingo...we are 150% successful bec I implant 2 embryo but got 3 babies. The stats successful rate was 26% after 3 tries. I don't know what is the latest rate now.

I just stepped into nuh ivf centre (i can't remember the actual clinic name now) without any recommendation or appt. The whole process is abt 3 mths in a few stages. Can't remember the name of the stages now. But in layman term, they are to 1) stop self-ovaluation, 2) medicine to control ovaluation, 3) ops to retreive the eggs and finally 4) the embryo implant. Stage 2 to 4 can fail and the whole process will stop. Eg. if the medicine didn't manage to control the ovaluation such that at least x (i think 10) eggs are released nor the 'desired' size of the eggs, the process will stop. If after the eggs are retreived but the embryo development are in "poor" quality, can't proceed to last stage. Even after the implant, if the embryo doesn't 'stick' to the womb, its still a failure.

There is a lot of jabs throughtout the process. The most painful type of jabs were after I conceived bec the med is oil-based. These jabs are to prevent miscarriage. Stage 1 and 2 jabs are water-based and so the pain is only the poking part. And yes, I jab myself then. Otherwise, one can visit a GP for the jab.

Hope the above info helps. Still hope u can conceive naturally and can avoid all these pain, time spent and money spent.

Hi hi nonkiasu :)

Wow you got a triplets boys not twins !!! I cannot imagine how are you coping with all of them? Must be tiring but happy at the same time :)

You are very very lucky to succeed on your 1st attempt ! I'm sure many others were envy of you when you were pregnant with triplets. How old are your kids now and are you also in your mid thirties then?

If I were pregnant with triplets I will be shock but overjoyed !!

Thank you for sharing your experience with me. Now I have a clearer picture how Ivf works. I think I will try naturally for few cycles first and if no news then will go to my gynae for help.

It's really great to get to know you in this thread. You are very kind :)

Wish you and your family all the best :)

:snuggles: :thankyou: