Mummy ModernMum: Hi! just discovered this site!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy ModernMum: Hi! just discovered this site!

Postby ModernMum » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:26 am

Hi, i found this site while i was surfing the net for child care services in Spore. Wld be great if i can get reviews on some of the child care ctrs in Sg.

ModernMum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Hi! ModernMum just discovered this site!

Postby jedamum » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:44 am

ModernMum wrote:Hi, i found this site while i was surfing the net for child care services in Spore. Wld be great if i can get reviews on some of the child care ctrs in Sg.

Hi ModernMum,
Hm...are you not a local?
Welcome to KSP. 8)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Re: Hi! ModernMum just discovered this site!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:42 pm

ModernMum wrote:Hi, i found this site while i was surfing the net for child care services in Spore. Wld be great if i can get reviews on some of the child care ctrs in Sg.

Welcome ModernMum! But you've got to describe more of what you are looking for, where you stay, how old your kid is, etc, if you want our community to help you.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ModernMum » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:22 am

Hi all, thanks for the very quick respond.
I have a son, 23mths old and i am thinking of enrolling him into a child care ctr.

I am a local and since this is my first child, im not really sure how to go abt choosing the 'right' child care ctr for my son. So i'm actually doing my 'homework' now.

I am staying in Jurong West but working in the east. I am considering sending my son to a child care near my work plc.

Wat do u think of Jeet's School House? I've been searching for reviews abt the sch online but can't find any.

ModernMum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby jedamum » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:53 am

ModernMum wrote:Hi all, thanks for the very quick respond.
I have a son, 23mths old and i am thinking of enrolling him into a child care ctr.

Let me do my math again...at 23mths, your son is borned in Nov 2006?! My secondborn (boy) is 23mth too. :D

Perhaps you may want to drop by your 'choice' of childcare and have a 'feel' about how the kids respond and teachers' reaction if you can't find any kakis who has experience in that childcare centre.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ModernMum » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:20 pm

Hi jedamum,

Yup, dats rite, my son is borned in Nov 06. Have u enrolled ur son in any sch yet or maybe play sch?

I'll be checking out Jeet Sch House, too bad dat no one here has any experience with dat sch.

ModernMum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby jedamum » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:05 pm

My boy's birthday is end Nov :D. Going for Pneumococcal Injection either next month or in Dec.

I'm a SAHM....single income...elderboy already having 3 enrichment...husband hinting that recession may be coming....i kiasi about HFMD too..so am hesitant to sign up any enrichment/play school yet.
Was initially looking at BPMC Kindergarten (N1) after the good review from Atan, but my husband is not so keen as we are not churchgoers. :roll:

Your kid currently with babysitter?

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ModernMum » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:01 pm

Hi.. my son's bday is end nov too, 29th nov to b exact. :lol:
My son has completed his pneumococal injection. I am worried abt HFMD too n cleanliness is my utmost concern now, at hm n in schs. When HFMD was on the rise a few mths ago, i actually stopped my son from going to his usual wkened sch @ Tumble Tots. I am resuming again, thinking of enrollin him in the Right Start prog by Tumble Tots. Heard it is quite gd.
Guess everyone will be hit by the recession soon- need to tighten the belt a bit more den... sigh~~

ModernMum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ModernMum » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:07 pm

I don't hav a babysitter. I got a maid who wld assist either my mom or mom-in-law in taking care of my son while i work. I don think leaving my son with the maid alone in my home wld be wise. That's y i nd to send my son to either of the grannies so that they can supervise. N i can hav a peace of mind at work.

ModernMum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby jedamum » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:41 pm

ModernMum wrote:Hi.. my son's bday is end nov too, 29th nov to b exact. :lol:

My boy is 8 days older than yours then. :wink:
Oh..your boy is in Tumble Tots. The nearest Tumble Tots to my place is quite some distance away and it's not easy taking bus with an active toddler in tow. The first (and only) time we took public bus, I have to stroll my boy around the stop as he refused to sit down or even stand still to wait for the bus! Weekend is burnt chauffeuring my elder boy to his activities. :roll:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Return to Newbies & Clubs