Mummy Sunflower reporting!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy Sunflower reporting!

Postby sunflower » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:31 pm

Hi everyone, joined this forum some time back but was later bogged down with some project deadline so “disappeared” for a while. Found this forum to be really interesting and informative and wished this forum existed during my girl’s P1 registration many years back.

To introduce myself… err, I’m not a typical kiasu parent lah… Didn’t move house to increase my girl’s chances of getting into the choice sch in phase 2B and didn’t want my girl to travel like 1h - 2h to and from sch everyday even though we would have a guaranteed place in phase 2A2 in another top primary sch. See how unkiasu can I be!! Opps…did I join the wrong club?? :shock:

Anyway, she ended up in a nearby neighbourhood school and I’m quite happy with it. With the manageable amount of homework given, she has loads of time to play and do other things, and I think she is enjoying her childhood like I used to. Heard from some parents from some other schools that teachers give so much homework that their children have to spend hours doing them.

Oh, BTW, I’m a part-time SAHM of 2 girls, ages 10 and 3 this year.

Cheers!
Last edited by sunflower on Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sunflower
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Sunflower reporting!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:36 pm

sunflower wrote:...Oh, BTW, I’m a part-time SAHM of 2 girls, ages 10 and 3 this year.

Cheers!

Welcome sunflower! So being a plant, can you go and help us sort out the confusion we kiasuparents are having regarding the PSLE Science paper this year? :lol:

Your children's age gap is almost the same as mine, though your elder daughter is older. Do they fight a lot? Mine do. :?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Re: Sunflower reporting!

Postby sunflower » Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:43 pm

Hi chief, the link went to PSLE Maths leh… Anyway, seems like the PSLE Science plant question has been sorted out. :D

Your children's age gap is almost the same as mine, though your elder daughter is older. Do they fight a lot? Mine do. :?

I think with the wide age gap and both being girls, they don’t really fight, just some minor disputes. However, my niece (eight yrs old) and nephew (six yrs old) really and literally fight!! :shock:

sunflower
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Newbies & Clubs