Mummy tinkfirst: Hi! I'm new here.'duo duo zhi jiao'!!

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy tinkfirst: Hi! I'm new here.'duo duo zhi jiao'!!

Postby tinkfirst » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:11 pm

Hi! Good evening to all parents. I just joined this forum today. Find your contributions very interesting & informative. Currently, preparing my P2 this Oct's exams, while my 3 yr old just can't sit still..
Hope to contribute something soon.

tinkfirst
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mintcc » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:31 pm

welcome to the forum tinkfirst! that must be lots of juggling and multitasking for you :D

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: Hi! I'm new here.'duo duo zhi jiao'!!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:42 pm

tinkfirst wrote:...Currently, preparing my P2 this Oct's exams, while my 3 yr old just can't sit still...

Welcome tinkfirst! Interesting how we spend trying to get our kids to walk in their first 12 months and the next 12 years trying to get them to sit still, isn't it? Anyway, I think everyone's busy preparing their children for the year end exams now... except for the P6s who have just finished their PSLEs last week.

BTW... are you a daddy or mummy?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby tinkfirst » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:16 am

Hi to Mincy & ChiefKiasu!

Thank you so much for your welcome notes. :D
I'm mummy of two, a girl in P2 & a boy in pre-N.
I'm very happy to join all of you here to learn & share my experiences.
Came across a thread by Chiefkiasu abt DVC for the holi programmes. I'm staying in the East, thinking of enrolling my daughter in this Science Camp at Taonan for an experience, since she will read Science next year. If I'm not wrong, your son had attended b4, may I know how was his feedback? Now, Dr Seet is charging $350 for 5 day camp including 2 outdoor trips. Is it worth attending? Thanks.

tinkfirst
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:36 pm

tinkfirst wrote:...Came across a thread by Chiefkiasu abt DVC for the holi programmes. I'm staying in the East, thinking of enrolling my daughter in this Science Camp at Taonan for an experience, since she will read Science next year. If I'm not wrong, your son had attended b4, may I know how was his feedback? Now, Dr Seet is charging $350 for 5 day camp including 2 outdoor trips. Is it worth attending? Thanks.

Definitely worth the money. The camp my son went was at RGS when he was P2. It was run pretty much by volunteers. He got his fun and we got him out of our hair for 5 days between 8am and 5pm. Learnt lots about plants and science, and I believe it helped him develop a deep interest in science, which is his best subject in school.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Newbies & Clubs