Mummy TweenMama reporting

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy TweenMama reporting

Postby TweenMama » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:54 pm

Hi all....just posted a comment then saw this ..lol anyway hope to hear from you soon

TweenMama
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: TweenMama reporting

Postby jedamum » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:22 pm

Saw your other post...you residing in Bukit Batok?
Which school is your daughter in and why the need for tuition?
Bukit Batok East Community Club and Bukit Batok Community Club do have some interesting holiday programmes...they have speech and drama by Magic Moments, science programmes from lollipops, and some math programme too (that you have to check out PA.gov website).

For tuition, I know that there is a JustEducation somewhere in Bukit Gombak, Berries and Haven Tutorial & Enrichment Centre at Bukit Batok Community Centre...have not tried any tuition services yet, although my boy is with Berries currently. :)

Welcome to KSP. 8)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby TweenMama » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:06 pm

Hi Jedamum

I had just browsed thru Just Education and Bt Batok CC programes maybe will sign up some of it to occupy her Dec holidays. I had been too happy go lucky type in her studies thinking its only P1 but now I do feel a bit panicky on her being left out if she is not so good in her class (some friends told me sometimes teacher will outcast the kid if kid is too ..."far behind" in order not to slow down the whole class"..comments like these made me worried. Anyway its better late then never to start setting some good habits and study schedule + tution (coaching) so am gonna gather tips & any helpful information from you guys..She is my only child, currently in Henry Park Pri by everyday the time got home imagine already 715pm etc and I do not reach home till 8plus..Even wonder should I change to a nearby school..

jedamum wrote:Saw your other post...you residing in Bukit Batok?
Which school is your daughter in and why the need for tuition?
Bukit Batok East Community Club and Bukit Batok Community Club do have some interesting holiday programmes...they have speech and drama by Magic Moments, science programmes from lollipops, and some math programme too (that you have to check out PA.gov website).

For tuition, I know that there is a JustEducation somewhere in Bukit Gombak, Berries and Haven Tutorial & Enrichment Centre at Bukit Batok Community Centre...have not tried any tuition services yet, although my boy is with Berries currently. :)

Welcome to KSP. 8)

TweenMama
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby jedamum » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:50 pm

TweenMama wrote:Even wonder should I change to a nearby school..

:shock: Many parents would love to be in your shoes...ie being able to enrol the kid into Henry Park! :P Considering that Henry Park is a popular school, there may be some degree of expectations from the teachers...and that the standing in the school's cohort may not be reflective of your girl's ability.
Uprooting your kid from one school to another, you have to consider her ability to adapt and whether she is social enough to mingle with new friends, else she may feel very left out.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby TweenMama » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:56 pm

Yes..think since she had a chance to go to HPPS then shouldn't complain. Her results are boarderline so you may understand I am feeling that I should press her more. That's how right now I am like looking around to find some tution hoping to better fit in school. I feel very stressed now as all her results are just passed type..

TweenMama
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby jedamum » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:15 pm

Just to add, at bukit batok eastpoint area, there are quite some numbers of tuition centres...MLC and some others, including a Kumon outlet...dunno their effectiveness though. There is also MPM math enrichment centre at St 31.
My boy going P1 only next year. :)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Return to Newbies & Clubs