Mummy toh_lp: Hello from toh_lp

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Mummy toh_lp: Hello from toh_lp

Postby ptmom » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:11 pm

Have been browsing for a parents forum and discovered this site :D I am a mother of 3 - a boy age 12 who's just sat for his PSLE this year and a pair of twin girls age 9.

Most forums that I've come across are for new mummies with new borns or very young kids and I am glad I found one that is more relevant to me .

ptmom
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Hello from toh_lp

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:38 pm

toh_lp wrote:Have been browsing for a parents forum and discovered this site :D I am a mother of 3 - a boy age 12 who's just sat for his PSLE this year and a pair of twin girls age 9.

Most forums that I've come across are for new mummies with new borns or very young kids and I am glad I found one that is more relevant to me .

Hi toh_lp, and welcome to KiasuParents.com! Yes, we started KiasuParents.com almost a year ago (our "official" launch date was 1 Dec 2007) because we just could not find anything that serves "the rest of us". It was almost like we parents were supposed to automatically know how to manage our children once they grow beyond babies. We were also sick and tired of getting labelled as "kiasu" everytime we try to look for some enrichment programmes for our children. When the ang mohs do it, they are thought of as "concerned and involved parents", and not "kiasu parents". And the funny thing is, some parents themselves call other parents "kiasu" when they are as "guilty" of it themselves! So we thought that instead of engaging in such hypocrisy, we'll just call a spade a spade, and so KiasuParents.com was born. Our mission is really to debunk the notion that Singaporean parents are unreasonably competitive and stupid.

Hope you will enjoy our portal as much as we do in managing it.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Return to Newbies & Clubs