Club Breastfeeding Mums

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Club Breastfeeding Mums

Postby Breadandmuffins » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:50 pm

Hi Just wondering why there is no thread to discuss about breastfeeding issues in this forum.......so decided to start this thread for mummies to share their experience & to help new mummies with this challenging but fulfilling role. I breasfed all my 4 kids for at least a year and more and is still doing so for no.4.

Breadandmuffins
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby cmm » Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:59 pm

My kids were/are all exclusively breastfed too. My 4yo and 2yo are still on breastmilk. It's the best!! :celebrate:

cmm
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby autumnbronze » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:07 pm

Hi there,

I breastfed my DS exclusively for over a year.

Best decision ever, despite some form of 'harrassment' from MIL :D

autumnbronze
Councillor
Councillor

Postby BlurBee » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:45 pm

I partially bf my DD for only half a year as no enough supply.
Managed to fully bf DS for 3 mths then partially until 14 mths after I went back to work.
Feel that I didn't done my best. :(

BlurBee
Councillor
Councillor

Postby IJJ » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:05 pm

I am still bfing my #3, coming 9 mo. :wink: A decision I never regret. The first 6 mth, I bf both :lol: newborn and 4 yo.

IJJ
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hquek » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:46 pm

BlurBee wrote:I partially bf my DD for only half a year as no enough supply.
Managed to fully bf DS for 3 mths then partially until 14 mths after I went back to work.
Feel that I didn't done my best. :(

Squeezing those precious drops for me was like squeezing juice out of rock, but I persevered and fed Ds1 for 1 yr, DS2 for 2 years. Damn hard work, a lot of sacrifices (no lunchtime becos that was spent expressing milk), but I never regret (though I am not sure if I can ever do that again).

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby mintcc » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:55 pm

Yes, Bf is the best. BF ds partially for about a year. Low on supply too cause ...hianz believed MIL when she advocate partial in the first month.

Only realised that you need to work hard from the beginning after starting to do research 1 + month later.

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby mintcc » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:57 pm

hquek wrote:
Squeezing those precious drops for me was like squeezing juice out of rock, but I persevered and fed Ds1 for 1 yr, DS2 for 2 years. Damn hard work, a lot of sacrifices (no lunchtime becos that was spent expressing milk), but I never regret (though I am not sure if I can ever do that again).

yeah, agree....no regrets. All the missed lunch time and mid night squeeze...

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby duriz » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:41 pm

I'm breastfeeding DD (my first child) and she is 9 months young today ( born 9 Oct). I was a SAHM for 8 and a half months, recently returning to my job. Now MIL rely on the "arsenal" I expressed and stored in the freezer. I built up a supply enough for at least two months as I was planning to return to work. DD now also eats homecooked porridge and baby biscuits so hopefully the EBM will go further for her.
It's not easy.
All new moms *persevere*
Don't let anyone tell you that your BM is not enough or not good enough for your baby.
And especially don't let pestering MILs or kaypoh relatives irritate you constantly by asking:"wu ni boh?" Just give them a stern look to shut them up.
I'm lucky to have no such experience but I've heard of such and worse.
Jiayou mommies!
Motherhood is NOT for sissies :celebrate:

duriz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

breastfeeding

Postby Breadandmuffins » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:47 pm

Yah.... perserverance is the key to successful breastfeeding. For first kid, had engorgement in the first week until baby could not latch (also made the mistake of using bottle to feed the breastmilk as suggested by confinement lady). Very painful so had to visit lactation consultant & also could not sleep at night becos of pain. Also made the mistake of feeding on demand until I became a "pacifier" for him...With baby no.2, I somehow managed the engorgement part but had sore & cracked nipples until it was bleeding. I only knew when baby's vomit got blood...only with baby no.3 & no.4 did I managed well without any problems. Not to mention all those "broken" sleep and changing of diapers in the middle of the night after each feed......no joke.

Breadandmuffins
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Newbies & Clubs