LEARNConcierge

Club Breastfeeding Mums

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Club Breastfeeding Mums

Postby ilovelaksa » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:45 am

chittersachatter wrote:Hi mummies, i'm currently 36 weeks preg now n my boobs is growing out of control. 2 sizes up form normal.But im not sure if its a sign of good flow of breastmilk. My previous preg my breast size did not grow n my supply was low. Is it true?

If yr boobs are small it just means lesser milk capacity babies nurse more often. Boobs bigger capacity bigger babies nurse less.
Good milkflow depends on demand. The more yr baby nurse the more milk there is. Even if yr breast (pre or post pregnancy) are very big, it does not mean good milk flow. It may mean you might get engorged more easily if your baby did not nurse as often cuz there will an over supply of milk due to prev demand

ilovelaksa
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ilovelaksa » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:00 am

DeepSoul wrote:Anyone ever tried BF in a carrier before when going out?

Yup, my 4 kids all breastfeed on slings when young. I dont own a stroller. Great for nursing in public and negotiating on buses. I nursed everywhere in a sling. While queuing, dining etc, ppl think they are asleep. Once I nurse while standg amongst frens, they didnt even realised it lol. I hv even nursed when my kids were sitting beside me with their eyes peering atop the sling. Bcuz of this, rarely use nursing rooms.

ilovelaksa
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ilovelaksa » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:24 am

jensonpose wrote:And it got me thinking....... is powdered milk just a marketing thing to scare parents into spending more money or is it truly needed?

Powdered milk is essential if the mother needs to be away for long periods from the baby. In some countries with poor water quality, powdered milk can be dangerous.
Powdered milk is sourced from a milk base designed for a young calf. So it is not the perfect food with the perfect ingredients for human babies. Marketing companies add alot of extra stuff into formula milk to try and emulate bm as much as possible. But they are not even close. This is bcuz bm has many antibodies and live active components that the mother has accumulated over her life time. And she is passing it on to her babies when she nurses.
I read a book that the bm in mothers of diff countries are oso diff. A lactating mother in a less developed countries actually produces more antibodies than a lactating mother in a developed country. Fascinatg how our bm can be so much more than what we think

ilovelaksa
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Cindy5158 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:45 pm

Hello everyone!

Let me revive this thread :P

i saw this recipe on other forums, just wondering if i Huiji waist tonic is okay to consume for breast feeding mum?

Pork ribs & peanut soup (serves 4)

Ingredients :

Pork ribs 500gm
Fresh groundnuts 300gm
Red dates 12 pcs
Garlic 6 pcs
Huiji waist tonic 60-80ml (I think the waist tonic’s Chinese name is huiji bu yao jing. Can get at NTUC fairprice)

Instructions:

1. Clean pork ribs

2. Boil pork ribs with groundnuts in water and pour away water

3. Put fresh water to boil and add in red dates and garlic to simmer for around 1 hour

4. Add 60-80 ml of Waist tonic

5. Serve immediately while hot, good for breastfeeding mums to drink as much hot soup as possible to help lactation

BLACK CHICKEN & BLACK BEAN SOUP
(Good for new mothers who’ve lost lots of blood during delivery. This tonic is good for invigorating blood circulation. Take plenty of rest after drinking this soup to help speed up recovery!)

1 Black Chicken
200g Black Beans
2 cups Huiji
4 slices old ginger
2 Tbs Sesame Seed Oil

* Gut & Clean Chicken.
* Heat Oil then fry ginger slices and black beans until fragrant (approx 2 to 3mins). Then also add the chicken to fry about 5mins.
* Put all the ingredients into the crockpot and fill pot with HOT water until the level is about 1/2full. Boil for 2 to 3hrs until soup is fragrant.

Cindy5158
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby cattie85 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:00 pm

cattie85
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ilovelaksa » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:00 am

Hi something to note, anything not advised or to proceed with caution during pregnancy applies for breastfeeding.
Bm is sourced from the mother's body. Although you may not see it, the mother's blood is in bm. Whatever you consume will be passed on to the baby. The body does not filter what is good or what is bad for him or her.

ilovelaksa
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ilovelaksa » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:19 am

Cindy5158 wrote:Hello everyone!

Let me revive this thread :P

i saw this recipe on other forums, just wondering if i Huiji waist tonic is okay to consume for breast feeding mum?

Pork ribs & peanut soup (serves 4)

Ingredients :

Pork ribs 500gm
Fresh groundnuts 300gm
Red dates 12 pcs
Garlic 6 pcs
Huiji waist tonic 60-80ml (I think the waist tonic’s Chinese name is huiji bu yao jing. Can get at NTUC fairprice)

Instructions:

1. Clean pork ribs

2. Boil pork ribs with groundnuts in water and pour away water

3. Put fresh water to boil and add in red dates and garlic to simmer for around 1 hour

4. Add 60-80 ml of Waist tonic

5. Serve immediately while hot, good for breastfeeding mums to drink as much hot soup as possible to help lactation

BLACK CHICKEN & BLACK BEAN SOUP
(Good for new mothers who’ve lost lots of blood during delivery. This tonic is good for invigorating blood circulation. Take plenty of rest after drinking this soup to help speed up recovery!)

1 Black Chicken
200g Black Beans
2 cups Huiji
4 slices old ginger
2 Tbs Sesame Seed Oil

* Gut & Clean Chicken.
* Heat Oil then fry ginger slices and black beans until fragrant (approx 2 to 3mins). Then also add the chicken to fry about 5mins.
* Put all the ingredients into the crockpot and fill pot with HOT water until the level is about 1/2full. Boil for 2 to 3hrs until soup is fragrant.

This looks delish!
To be honest special tonics or foods do not equate good lactation.
Good lactation depends on frequent latchings from youngling. The more you latch the more you lactate.
It is more impt to drink lots of water, eat proper meals, rest, relax and enjoy yr bb. Enjoyg yr babies is v v v v impt to assist in letdown of bm.
Btw, I did not do confinement for my babies. Had yong tau hu on the day I delivered and beef noodles the day aft. And dabao all my meals post-delivery. I had enough to tandem-nurse 3 kids (two on each breast and 1 waiting for her turn).

ilovelaksa
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Cindy5158 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:21 pm

I see! Thank you so much for your reply! But i think adding the Huiji waist tonic helps me a lot! You all should try. I feel less lethargic. ilovelaksa you are so lucky to be able to eat anything you want. I think i'm too weak :(

Hakka peeps out there! The 黄酒鸡 helps so so so much too! So glad my mum can cook that ^^

Cindy5158
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ilovelaksa » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:09 am

Cindy5158 wrote:I see! Thank you so much for your reply! But i think adding the Huiji waist tonic helps me a lot! You all should try. I feel less lethargic. ilovelaksa you are so lucky to be able to eat anything you want. I think i'm too weak :(

Hakka peeps out there! The 黄酒鸡 helps so so so much too! So glad my mum can cook that ^^

You are definitely not weak! You gave birth and hv children. That makes you a very strong person. Childbirth is definitely not for the weak : ) But rest is very impt I agree and that's why I co-sleep with all my babies. This is really THE BEST I hv done to ensure rest, good health and fantastic nursing relationships with my babies.
Actually I didn't start out knowing I cld eat normally. I simply went agst many well meaning advice post-partum : )
Most of the advice I got were a great impediment to breastfeeding. The older ones (mum mil aunties etc) around me were all clueless about breastfeeding. They had alot of post-partum recipes and advice but none for bfg.
I wondered why they keep saying if a mother cant bf, that means she doesn't hv any milk. All of them will tell me their breasts 'dried up' after a week. They will sit around and lament how little milk they hv.
It got me thinkg how is this possible. Mankind would hv ended long ago, dont you think?
Enjoy yr baby!

ilovelaksa
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

1 people like this post

Postby Melon123 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:10 pm

Hello mummys! I have 5 questions to all of you. Please help me. Will appreciate your support.
1/ During your pregnancy period, have you been informed about the umbilical cord condition by your gyne?
2/ Is it necessary to be informed if the cord around the baby's neck is more than one turn?
3/ And what kind of suggestion did you get by gyne in this case?
4/ Did one of your baby was born with cord around the neck without you been informed?
5/ For those who had the baby born with cord around the neck. Was your baby having any complication or health issue after?
Thx.

Melon123
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

LEARNConcierge